Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 3. GQ EMF EF Meter RF Spectrum Power Analyzer
 How Does EMF PRO work on my Mac?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
1anthonymdavis Posted - 07/09/2021 : 04:58:22
OKAY... UPDATE... I got this to work.

The USB issue was because on my Mac System Preferences in the Security & Privacy section, I found that the Driver Software was being blocked from loading. Once I gave permission, it loaded.

I checked for the USB and it STILL did not show the Vendor-Specific Device (like it says in the Read Me file).

I opened Terminal and typed: ls /dev/tty*

The Terminal then showed a "Bluetooth Incoming Port"

Since that was part of my question earlier about the Bluetooth thing, I opened EMF PRO on my Mac and it connected and downloaded.

It looks like the problem is solved. (It would still be great to have some instructions for EMF PRO).

-=-=-=-= Original Post Below =-=-=-=-=-

I downloaded the EMF PRO for my Mac and now what? How does this thing work? What I want to do is download the data into a spreadsheet and that's not happening at all.

The "Connect" button is inactive unless I select the "R". Then, the CONNECT becomes active and then an option (Bluetooth-Incoming-Port) shows up. There's nothing that I found that says the EMF 390 operates on Bluetooth. I turned it on and checked to see if Bluetooth picked it up... it does NOT.

Then, there are options in the pulldown menu:

<GETVER>>
<GETSERIAL>>
<DSID>>
<FACTORYRESET>
<REBOOT>>

While the descriptions are somewhat clear, it really doesn't tell me what choice to use or why. I downloaded the software and there is no instruction manual or guidance of any kind.

I'm happy with the meter, but frustrated with the hours I've spent so far trying to get the software working, The USB Port STILL doesn't seem to be working right according to the description in the Readme file for the CH34X_Install_V1.5

2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
1anthonymdavis Posted - 07/09/2021 : 09:55:24
EmfDev, You’re very welcome.
EmfDev Posted - 07/09/2021 : 09:38:59
Hi 1anthonydavis, thank you for the follow up and mentioning how you got it to work so that other users can read it when they encounter the same problems. We will try to get a better instructions on downloading and installing EMF PRO.

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000