Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 2.GQ Geiger Muller Counter
 Radioactivity in strawberries 0.351 μSv/h. *

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Breizh Posted - 06/25/2021 : 15:19:43
Strawberries from my garden. Maximum measured radioactivity on fruit was 0.351 ůSv/h . From 0.00 ůSv/h our health is here in danger! These strawberries are therefore unfit for consumption. Radioactivity is spread by drones.

GMC-320+V5 GQ Geiger Muller Counter
Videolink
https://youtu.be/GjPB7gFbM1Q

Breizh
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Breizh Posted - 07/04/2021 : 14:13:59
You talked about radon, I answered you about radon. What I'm measuring are the beta and gamma rays. If the radioactivity drops after three days, as you indicate, my strawberries are rotten and no longer edible. There are other radioisotopes that are certainly involved here, but we have to make a decision: fit or not fit for consumption. What would those drones (your so-called insects) come here to do with me at night? We are dealing with criminals here!
End of discussion.
Breizh
GBG12 Posted - 07/04/2021 : 10:21:31
It's true that GM tubes cannot measure Alpha, but note that Radon is not the only element involved. Its decay chain partners include many isotopes that emit gamma or beta. There are many examples on Youtube of Radon washout measurements with GM tubes after a rainfall.
Breizh Posted - 07/04/2021 : 04:08:23
The radiations emitted by radon are mainly alpha-rays and these are not measured by the GMC-320+V5 GQ Geiger Muller Counter which only measures the beta and gamma radiations. The strawberries were in a container and covered with a paper sheet on which the Geiger counter was deposited from 6:39 PM to 7:25 PM. Maximum measured radioactivity on the contaminated fruit was 0.351 uSv/h. Not suitable for consumption, please consider your health.

Have a look to my poster: Drones, radioactivity and RADIOLUMINESCENCE !

Breizh
GBG12 Posted - 07/03/2021 : 16:29:35
It's good to be careful about what you eat, but before stating something dramatic like drone distribution, the plausible natural causes must be ruled out. It is a well known effect that Radon and it's decay chain partners in the atmosphere can be carried down by rain, causing high readings after. It is possible the plant absorbed some of this rain. With simple GM tubes like the GC models, the usual pattern of Radon is a decay over a few days. Your sample of strawberries should be sealed in a bag and measured every hour or so for 3 days. If it decays back to background, it was most likely Radon related.

As to the video you link to, I see rain drops, and many images of fuzzy bright streaks rather close to the ground, similar in appearance to a flying insect that may be illuminated by the camera's IR LEDs. Did you know that 0.1 uSv/hr is normal background level in most areas?

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.1 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000