Frequently Asked Questions
Our geiger counter detects ionizing radiation such as alpha particles, beta particles and gamma rays using the ionization effect produced in a Geiger tube/sensor.
Please hold the on button for 3 seconds and you will see the model information on the screen.
The model is also marked on your package.
|51-99||0.33-0.65||0.033-0.065||Medium Level Radiation|
|>1000||>6.5||>0.65||Very High Level|
|>2000||>13||>1.30||Extremely High Level|
Geiger counter can be used on real-time testing evaluation, scientific testing on sample like: Building Material, Hospital Radiation Therapy Monitoring for Cancer, Food, Water, Indoor/outdoor,X-Ray, and more..
There are three type of radiation, Alpha, Beta and Gamma.
Alpha doesn't travel far from the source and is a weak type, can't pass through 1 piece of paper or the first layers of skin.
Beta, lasts longer than Alpha and can pass though multiple layers of skin.
Gamma is the worst. It's the type used in radiation therapy, Neutron is the last. Reference
- Alert you once big incident happens: like dirty bomb, Fukushima, Chernobyl.
- Carry the unit with you to test air, food, water, personal environment.
- Lab research, oil field, hospital radiation treatment.
- Nuke plant environment radioactive plume like Fukushima.
- Stone collection, marble counter-top, building material, antique collector.
- Space radiation, air industrial.
- Hospital Radiation Therapy Monitoring & Radio iodine Treatment Monitoring.
- Real-time testing evaluation, scientific testing on samples.
- Measuring on Antique radiation level like Vintage Fiesta Dinning Ware.
- Space Radiation Detection on the airplane.
The device will work about 2-3 days on a 100% charged battery with Power Saving mode on.
The GMC units can be charged by any standard USB power adapter, even a computer USB port. You can just connect the USB cable to any USB port.
When you receive the unit, the unit comes with a rechargable battery and you can charge your unit with the USB cable in the package. You can remove the battery by simply open the abttery case.
It can be plugged in to an AC power supply, and it can stand with battery.
Yes for Windows. No for Mac OS.
Download it from app store and if you are a existing user with our GMC Map, your account/Geiger Counter information is saved.
If you are a new user, please click "Add" on your Geiger Counter Category. Then follow the tutorial.
Yes we are always happy to improve! Please post in the forum or write us an email.
Please click "compare" on each item or check the comparision table.
The unit has been calibrated during the production and QA process. There is no paper based certificate in the package.
There is a calibration option in the unit menu. A standard radioactive source is used to calibrate the unit. The unit is been calibrated from the manufacture. So, you do not need to calibrate it again if you use it as regular measurement.