2.GQ Geiger Muller Counter
 GMC500+: Link Failure when testing web connection
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bronzetower

6 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2022 :  13:38:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, I configured the unit to connect to my custom web endpoint to record readings so I can get push alert notifications on my phone for higher levels.

I noticed that with my device on firmware 2.41 when I test sending the data it reports a “link failure” error. However the data is sent just fine as my web end point is recording the data

Any idea why it’s reporting an error?

The web endpoint is returning HTTP 200 OK every time. It’s also configured to disable TLS/SSL transport encryption because the gmc500+ device doesn’t support it. Thanks!
Reply #1

Bronzetower

6 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2022 :  13:49:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There was another thread on here that was pointing out that using Geiger counter for continuous monitoring had a somewhat questionable value.

Curious to hear your thougts.

Does it provide better utility for navigating away from radiated areas after a catastrophic even happened?
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

ullix

Germany
1112 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2022 :  00:21:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, the GQ counters have some problems with connecting to anything but the gmcmap.com server. See chapter "WiFi Devices – WiFiClient Devices" in the GeigerLog manual.

Re issues with the map see chapter "Radiation World Maps" in the GeigerLog manual.

You can actually overcome these issues by connecting a counter to a computer running GeigerLog, and doing the upgrading of Radiation World map from within GeigerLog.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

Bronzetower

6 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2022 :  08:02:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just looked at GeigerLog Manual v1.21 on sourceforge and read the referenced section. I see gmcmap getting called out as the only officially supported endpoint but it doesn’t really explain why Link Failure error occurs with other endpoints that behave similarly. I would think the only requirements are to accept the agreed upon querysyring parameters, use plain text http, and return http status code 200.

Edited by - Bronzetower on 10/10/2022 10:02:15
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

ullix

Germany
1112 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2022 :  23:44:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Use the latest manual; we are at version 1.4.1 currently.

And there look at chapter "WiFi Devices – WiFiClient Devices", which shows you a hack using an unsafe Apache server.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000