New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

smallj53

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2022 :  13:19:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I can get everything to work except the wifi. GQ GMC Data Viewer errors out with "This model does not support wifi."

On the device itself, using the menu, I entered in my router SSID and password and get "unknown" when I try to connect.

I have read every thread I can find on this forum and nothing seems to suggest a solution.

Is there anything I can do?
Reply #1

smallj53

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2022 :  14:44:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I guess two hours of trying wasn't enough! Three hours did the trick.

I got the GMC-320 plus V5 to connect to a hotspot on my phone. Super simple SSID (one letter) and an eight character password consisting of the letter "A" and voila a connection! Must have been my router that was the problem. It can mess things up a little by throwing 2.4 connectivity in with 5.0. So anyway, the only reason I asked for help is that I was starting to wonder if I didn't really have a V5 version of the device, especially after GMC data viewer said that I really didn't have onboard wifi. Anyway, all is well that ends well. Thanks for reading!
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

EmfDev

2132 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2022 :  10:50:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi smallj53, the device WiFi only workd with 2.4GHz. You may need to setup your router's 2.4GHz band.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

ihab17

Italy
212 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2022 :  12:41:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EmfDev

Hi smallj53, the device WiFi only workd with 2.4GHz. You may need to setup your router's 2.4GHz band.

This is why I never accept most of the router defaults, such as having the 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz with the same name. I usually separate my wireless with two distinct SID, one for the 2.4 and one for the 5.0, and hence can easily let my devices connect to a dedicated frequency. If your wireless has got the same name for both frequencies, you will have occasions where it connects (to the 2.4 GHz) and other times where it simply won't (because it is 5.0 GHz and is incompatible with your device
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000