Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 3. GQ EMF EF Meter RF Spectrum Power Analyzer
 Is there any explanation for this RF reading?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

iiimendous

Ireland
15 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2022 :  17:31:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone can tell me is there any logical explanation for this reading of RF of 250 mW/m2 taken from my living room one day?

During the same 30 minute period I also got a reading of 174 mG EMF and 373 V/m EF.

Heres a pic of the overall chart:

I then isolated just the first 30 minute period of where this occurred and got this chart:

Apart from the extremely high readings the EF keeps hitting 50 v/m maybe 20 times during this period.

The reader was just hanging on my wall, and I cant see any reason why this could be happening.

I also keep seeing graphs with a particular pattern emerging. Look at these following charts and how similar the spikes in EMF and EF are over these different days. The EF and EMF spike together and each time make a very similar looking pattern in each image.

In each of the images the EMF and EF shoot up together and then slowly reduce, make images that look so much like each other I cannot explain it.

Any ideas would be more welcome.

Thanks
k

Reply #1

EmfDev

2132 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2022 :  11:35:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure if this software has been updated, can you please use the EMF PRO software to download the history data?
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

iiimendous

Ireland
15 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2022 :  12:41:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Thanks for the reply,

heres screenshots of the data and i have sorted the readings for high to low.

Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

EmfDev

2132 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2022 :  12:51:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For the EF, it may be caused by your electricity use as it can affect the EF of the whole house. For the RF, it may be due to cellphone / wifi or some of your electronics transmitting through RF. For the EMF, it's hard to see which device could have caused it. Maybe the wirings behind the wall that could have caused the EMF, but only when a certain device/equipment is turned on like your heater/microwave.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

iiimendous

Ireland
15 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2022 :  13:06:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the advice,

it's very strange as these are the highest readings (in each aspect measured) Ive got in the 4 months logging data around my home, and all of the happened in a 15 minute period.

I have logged data from the same 4 places around my home. and nothing much changes so was stumped when I say the 250mW/m2 reading and then the others.

I didn't think my phone could possibly get that high in levels, weird that it's not been repeated since though nor have any of the other high readings.

Thanks again,
k

Go to Top of Page
Reply #5

Damien68

France
777 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2022 :  22:25:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sometimes when there are problems with 4G the phones automatically switch to 2G mode. at this time the phone emits much louder.

in 4G the phone transmits with a maximum power of +21dBm (125 mW on its transmission antenna)

in 2G the phone transmits with a maximum power of +33dBm (2W on the Tx antenna)

the peaks that you have occasionally can come from there, if your phone switches to 2G mode it will be much louder (16 times louder), it's just a possibility.

250mW/m2 is roughly what we should be able to measure with a phone transmitting in 2G at its maximum power at around 80cm.

Mastery is acquired by studying, with it everything becomes simple

Edited by - Damien68 on 06/02/2022 04:18:59
Go to Top of Page
Reply #6

iiimendous

Ireland
15 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2022 :  06:53:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that detailed explanation, and sorry I thought I thanked you weeks ago......
Go to Top of Page
Reply #7

chl70

4 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2022 :  01:26:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello!
Well, first to say, talking about the RF, the measurement of 250 mW/m2 is not high at all!
In this time, with the new RF equipment for 4G+ and 5G "mobile telephone" network, you can get much more high values, in street or in home. They are pulses!!

Also the WiFi are pulsing! Since some months (2 ) ago. You can check using the Spectrum Analyzer mode, in the 2.4Ghz band.

Confirming what I am telling you, in your graph, the RF part is in blue, so you can see that there are "pulses". Like radar!

Talking about the EF and EMF, I think the previous post answer is correct.

Thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by iiimendous

Thanks for the advice,

it's very strange as these are the highest readings (in each aspect measured) Ive got in the 4 months logging data around my home, and all of the happened in a 15 minute period.

I have logged data from the same 4 places around my home. and nothing much changes so was stumped when I say the 250mW/m2 reading and then the others.

I didn't think my phone could possibly get that high in levels, weird that it's not been repeated since though nor have any of the other high readings.

Thanks again,
k

GQ EMF-390 EMF Meter with Spectrum Analyzer.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000