New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MadBrit

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2021 :  09:48:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I have just received my second EMF-390. My first EMF-390 is running ver. 3.61 and the second ver. 3.69. Doing a side by side comparison, the measurements are vastly different from each other. I assumed that there was some tweaks to the firmware over the different versions, so wanted to upgrade my first EMF-390 to ver. 3.69.

Unfortunately, it appears that the USB connection to the Windows 10 laptop I have fails to find the device. The GQ software is installed and it did work a few months ago. I think the problem is in the USB power connector and a loose joint. The USB on the laptop checks out OK. The unit is only a few months old, so do I need to RMA it for repair? How do I do that?

Thanks in advance.
Reply #1

EmfDev

2131 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2021 :  10:19:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi MadBrit,

What is the difference? The two different units usually have different readings at a time, except EMF should be similar. Is the RF different?

Can you check device manager if the device is connected?

And also, you cannot update from 3.61 to 3.69 because there is a hardware difference in RF Spectrum. That should be the only difference.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

MadBrit

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2021 :  11:12:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the quick response.

The differential is seen across the board. EF is about 20-40 v/m, the EMF is only around 1 mG, but the RF is anywhere between 10-100 mw/m2. If the hardware was changed in the newer model, that would probably be the reason why for the different RF readings.

The other thing affected is the Table mode in RF. The frequencies are significantly different, and it looks as if the sensitivity has also been tweaked. Added a side-by-side comparison image so you can see the discrepancies.

There are also multiple instances of the same frequency showing up in the ver. 3.69 table. Up to as many as 3.

Further, in the Spectrum Analyzer 387-434 MHz section, there is no drill down / zoom capability, although is is possible in the other frequency ranges. Is that a bug or by design?
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

EmfDev

2131 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2021 :  11:47:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The duplicate is probably a bug and will try to fix it in the next firmware update.

For the 387-434 not having a zoom in function, looks like it was also supposed to not have a zoom function. But we will see if we can also implement it to that band.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

MadBrit

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2021 :  14:09:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Appreciate the response, thank you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: