New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DoOm

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2020 :  05:24:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

I have just bought GQ EMF 390 v2. and have some problem.

How to use and point it towards EF(Electric field). The level of EF is changing dramatically in terms of position of this meter. Axis Y is towards ceiling or window. like on the picture 1.

The problem is, if the device is put in diffrent poitions shows different measurement, so the question is what position is good?

On picture below is example of reads towards wall where are 3 sockets and wires.

Thx for an answer because I am confused now.

A one more what means MIxed EF, Power Line EF and AC EF.

Mixed EF means nothing wrong or I should be worried?

Edited by - DoOm on 07/02/2020 06:22:28
Reply #1

EmfDev

2132 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2020 :  10:08:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi DoOm,

I believe those are static EF. The static EF basically is static electricity, it exist almost anywhere which may not need to be worried in cases of high reading. It always changes from one object to another. Many cases can have high static electricity in our daily life. For Example, when you take off your wool clothes, it may generate more than a 1000V static electricity. Also, Human body has electrostatic discharge (ESD, the sudden flow of electricity between two electrically charged objects caused by contact, an electrical short or dielectric breakdown). This impacts the EF reading too.

If your meter’s possible source showing “AC EF” and reading higher than 50V, then you may need to care about it. Otherwise you may not have to worry, the meter just telling you there are static EF around you.

The EF only has one direction and should pointed at the object and the position is close the the top left of the sensor.

The Mixed EF means that the unit have detected other sources like cell phone RF or other EMF's. But mostly the EF is static in that case.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.05 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000