Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 2.GQ Geiger Muller Counter
 Screen blinks every 10 minutes? (GMC-300E+V4)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

burner748

2 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2019 :  10:21:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, I recently purchased a brand new GMC-300E Plus V4. I noticed that once in a while the display will briefly turn off and back on. No data changes on the screen when this happens, and the unit continues to function normally. I timed how often this occurs, and it happens almost exactly every 10 minutes and 6 seconds (606 seconds) from boot up. Is this a normal occurence, or is my device somehow defective? If this is a normal occurence, why does it happen? My firmware version is 4.50.

Thanks for your help!

PS - I turned off data logging because I suspected this was the device clearing memory periodically. It did not resolve the issue. The display still turns off and on at the exact same interval.

Edited by - burner748 on 03/21/2019 10:30:39
Reply #1

EmfDev

2132 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2019 :  10:35:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi burner748, that is normal in GMC300 Plus V4. It is there to refresh/re-sync the LCD screen. It doesn't turn off/on the device, it just flashes the screen.

Edited by - EmfDev on 03/21/2019 10:36:03
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

burner748

2 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2019 :  10:52:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EmfDev

Hi burner748, that is normal in GMC300 Plus V4. It is there to refresh/re-sync the LCD screen. It doesn't turn off/on the device, it just flashes the screen.

Thank you very much for the answer and explanation. One more question. Does this screen refresh / re-sync occur in any other GMC model geiger counters? I'm wondering just in case anyone with a different model has the same question in the future, they may be able to search the forum and find this post.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

halo jones

4 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2019 :  02:07:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been wondering the same thing. My GMC-600+ does exactly same screen refresh/re-sync cycle every 10 minutes. Nice to know it is not a malfunction.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000