2.GQ Geiger Muller Counter
 Setup WiFi on GMC-320V5
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ZLM

1261 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2016 :  20:59:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Step 1: Setup your WiFi ID and password.
Step 2: Turn on the WiFi, you should receive Connected message.
Step 3: Set User ID of your GMCmap.com
Step 4: Set your Geiger Counter Global ID of GMCmap.com
Step 5: Test the connection from the unit Server menu. you should receive Successful message.

After this, the data will automatically submitted to GMCmap.com. You can always check the history data from there.

Here is the user guide for GMC-320 V5:

http://www.gqelectronicsllc.com/GMC-320PlusV5UserGuide.pdf

Please make sure your SSID and password are correct. They are all case sensitive.

The WiFi tested with 802.11 n , 802.11 g/n, ,802.11 b/g/n under WPA2-PSK (AES), WEP, WPAWPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES) and Open security modes.

Turn off the unit and turn on once to connect.

Reply #1

ZLM

1261 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2016 :  12:34:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You need to send the AT command to the unit WiFi module to read the MAC address.

From Data Viewer software Terminal menu, send command:

AT+CIPAPMAC?

Then you should get the response from the unit with MAC address.

Response example:

+CIPAPMAC:"62:01:94:03:0d:0b"
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

ZLM

1261 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2016 :  12:36:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The GQ-320 V5 supports all ESP8266 chip set AT command for the WiFi module, user is able to write customized WiFi connection software.

http://www.gqelectronicsllc.com/ATCommandReference.htm
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

Charlie

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2016 :  16:43:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have found the wifi setup on my at&t windows phone works perfectly. I have a testing uranium pebble of ore that only use to read out 3500 com with my old GMC300. If I put the rock on the special area were the tube was it would make it. On top of the case. My new GMC 320 the bottom of the case is slits in the plastic were directed contact can be made. So I got from the specimen 12000 and then the Geiger counter got whacky, and I couldn't shut down the gamma rays that impaired the tube. I put the uranium away from the counter and the CPM RAISED HIGHER. I was kinda freaking out. So, I would like to note this In my notes for the global watch. My place isn't were I tested the uranium ore, I am in Kirkland. I would like to see a map for multiple locations, I was showing off. But for my GMC320 am I hurting it when the gamma rays from the specimen are to close. This meter is for locations and is designed to get the average. Were does the ratings in CPM is false, as I took away the uranium and the CPM went up by 2000. Am I exposed in this brief radiation. I washed my hands but. To tests on my world map for me. And the wifi works great. I can't wait to measure my apartment in capitol hill. I will have to make a second gaiger counter. Pretty simple. I would like to have my Geiger counter checked. Delridge store, can do it. And software that is registered would be nice. I have a hope to get back into electronics, a hobby, this Geiger counter kicks ass for $148. I wish I didn't lose the ok one in California.

Best Regards

Charles Packard
206-326-0264
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

ZLM

1261 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2017 :  11:54:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of the user can not connect the GMC-320 V5 WiFi. After he checked all setting on router, he found::

It seems that the problem resides in the dual channel (40MHz mode) router setup.
In this situation, the counter is unable to connect to the AP. Switching to 20 MHz mode (single channel) fix the connection issue. Just for reference, my router model is TP-LINK TL-MR3420
Go to Top of Page
Reply #5

Path

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2017 :  12:23:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone have any tips connecting the gmc-320 plus v5 to an Actiontec Q1000 router? I have the SSID and PW on the unit set exactly as on the router and Wifi connect fails every time.
Thanks!

Path
Go to Top of Page
Reply #6

Path

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2017 :  10:38:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Path

Anyone have any tips connecting the gmc-320 plus v5 to an Actiontec Q1000 router? I have the SSID and PW on the unit set exactly as on the router and Wifi connect fails every time.
Thanks!

UPDATE.....I had all the settings,both on the GMC-320 and on the router. I DID find the connection issue:
My SSID on the router was "Smith and Wesson". Even though this was exactly duplicated in the 320, I had a feeling either the length or the spaces just might be an issue.
I changed the SSID to "Path", and was able to successfully connect to the router!
I hope this info might help someone with the same issue. Thanks!

Path
Go to Top of Page
Reply #7

@BitOWhit

1 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2017 :  13:02:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was curious if any one knows what a good or average period of time to upload to the map server, I did not seem to find a default one and believe I set mine to 5 on the device.

I can connect and run connection test in server menu option every time and the test submission shows up in my history on gmcmap.com, I am not sure however that it is running automatically. It is running WIFI only and not connected to a pc.

Also, if interested, I did a simple YouTube vid on setting up wifi after doing mine at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPjmG7P7ozI

aBitOWhit
Go to Top of Page
Reply #8

flukeguy

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2017 :  13:48:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Path, for getting back with the info. Always good to know these little oddities for future reference. Appreciate it.

--TJ
Go to Top of Page
Reply #9

GBG12

Canada
97 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2017 :  14:43:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ZLM, to close the loop on this does this detector have a limitation on SSID length and/or spaces?
Go to Top of Page
Reply #10

ZLM

1261 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2017 :  07:28:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The SSID maximum length is 16 characters. Space maybe OK.

But it is case sensitive.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #11

ZLM

1261 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2017 :  07:43:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the the WiFi module is good since you can get OK from the module.

The WiFi SSID is maximum 16 characters and case sensitive.

If those are correct, then the problem may be related to the WiFi Router setting. Please try another WiFi router or even cell phone’s WiFi hotspots.

Some routers allow user to set the Mac address to avoid login problem.

The WiFi tested with 802.11 n , 802.11 g/n, ,802.11 b/g/n under WPA2-PSK (AES), WEP, WPAWPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES) and Open security modes.;

Go to Top of Page
Reply #12

masto

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2017 :  17:33:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you fix the SSID length limitation of 16 characters? WiFi SSIDs are up to 32 bytes long. I can't use it on my network because of this bug.

Thanks,
Chris
Go to Top of Page
Reply #13

pguignier

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2019 :  06:08:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the same problem on my network. 16 characters for a SSID is just too short these days, not to mention that I can't change the SSID for all the other devices I have on my network. Come on guys, that's a very small change to do from a coding perspective.

PhilG
Go to Top of Page
Reply #14

EmfDev

2131 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2019 :  08:59:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
pguignier do you also have 320V5?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: