New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tropicana

Ireland
3 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2016 :  05:10:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi,

i've recently ordered a GQ-GMC-320-Plus geiger counter and was wondering does it detect continuously and automatically in the background if there is an increase in radiation in a bedroom, or does the counter have to be placed near an object or source of radiation ?

say for instance i was out for an hour or two or was sleeping and i left the geiger counter on would it detect anything if there was an increase in radiation being directed into a room ?

thanks.
Reply #1

Distelzombie

Germany
202 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2016 :  15:38:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If the radiation is ionizing, yes. You need to set the GMC to save a log. You can view the log later on PC.

GMC-300E+ V4.20 with sbt-11a alpha tube

My statements are "stuff-a-hobbyist-says" and not in any way professional.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

ZLM

1261 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2016 :  08:49:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The GQ GMC Geiger counters are designed for monitoring 24/7. So, you just need to turn the unit on, then the alarm will be triggered if the radiation level exceed the threshold setting.

Also, you can always turn on the data saving feature. With this feature, the unit can record the data every second.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

tropicana

Ireland
3 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2016 :  12:51:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you for responses.

i've had my device for about a week now and on average i never get a reading over 30, but i'm 80% sure that as i was using the data viewer on x64 speed that i saw several CPM readings of 200 from this morning. i went to slow the speed down but the programme stalled and said that it had to close it. so i downloaded the data again but couldn't see the 200 CPM readings.

i'm very much a newbie when it comes to geiger counters and how to save the data properly. is there a way i can look at the data in a different format instead of looking at the screen for hours ?

i'm also looking to create a GMC map account but i have no idea where to find the 'Geiger Counter Attributes'
Brand:
Model:
Serial#:
Firmware Version:
MFG Year:
Tube Installed:

any help would be appreciated.
cheers.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

tropicana

Ireland
3 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2016 :  14:30:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok, i've found the model and serial number. i'll take the rest of my questions on the GMC map to the relevant section of forum
Go to Top of Page
Reply #5

GBG12

Canada
99 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2016 :  16:47:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Tropicana,
If you want to see and share your data in a graph format, your GMC-320+ can also connect to other map-based sites such as Radmon.org or Netc.com.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000