Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 2.GQ Geiger Muller Counter
 Easy way to input calibrate values on GMC320+?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

polaris

Argentina
2 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2016 :  07:45:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi!
I just bought a 320, and want to change calibration values, but pressing buttons dozens of times is not an option!
Can I run some command by serial or software to input values more efficiently?

Thanks!
Reply #1

ZLM

1261 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2016 :  18:48:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sure!

Try:
http://www.gqelectronicsllc.com/download/GQGMCDataViewer2.30.exe

From menu Terminal, you will see Calibration section in Window.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

polaris

Argentina
2 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2016 :  04:41:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excellent! Thanks
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

robsmoto

13 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2016 :  06:03:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recently used four different devices, two GMC-320+, one GMC-320, and one GMC-300, in an experiment at our research reactor. We were giving tours to high school students and part of the tour was activating a small foil of aluminum. The Al-28 has a half-life of around 2.5 min and makes for a nice safe demonstration of certain radiation experiments. I had placed the four GMC geiger counters (in data logging mode) near the location where the experiments were conducted. A plot is shown of the response curves from the detectors. For one of the units (a GMC-320+ shown as d04) it was necessary to adjust the response (divide by a factor of 2.5) to be consistent with the other three units. The source-to-detector geometry was the same for each detector. It is interesting that one unit has such a higher response (in counts) than the other units. The peaks in response were from the freshly activated foils being returned from the reactor core via a pneumatic "rabbit". The initial elevated background was due to the operating reactor. The later elevated background was due to my movement of some other gamma sources near the GMC detectors for a short while.

Image Insert:

222665 bytes
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

Distelzombie

Germany
202 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2016 :  19:53:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by robsmoto

I recently used four different devices, two GMC-320+, one GMC-320, and one GMC-300, in an experiment at our research reactor. We were giving tours to high school students and part of the tour was activating a small foil of aluminum. The Al-28 has a half-life of around 2.5 min and makes for a nice safe demonstration of certain radiation experiments. I had placed the four GMC geiger counters (in data logging mode) near the location where the experiments were conducted. A plot is shown of the response curves from the detectors. For one of the units (a GMC-320+ shown as d04) it was necessary to adjust the response (divide by a factor of 2.5) to be consistent with the other three units. The source-to-detector geometry was the same for each detector. It is interesting that one unit has such a higher response (in counts) than the other units. The peaks in response were from the freshly activated foils being returned from the reactor core via a pneumatic "rabbit". The initial elevated background was due to the operating reactor. The later elevated background was due to my movement of some other gamma sources near the GMC detectors for a short while.

The logging interval is a too big to make out the 2.5min half-life, otherwise it's awesome! Did you activate them using a neutron source? I suppose there is no way for me to repeat this experiment at home... :(
... Unless I built a reaktor!! Muahahahahahaaa!!!!!

GMC-300E+ V4.20 with sbt-11a alpha tube

My statements are "stuff-a-hobbyist-says" and not in any way professional.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000