GMC-320+ Setup screens
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Xray

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2014 :  14:57:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I received my new GMC-320+ today, and I must say that it is more than I had expected! It was well made, it's user friendly, and the number of useful features it has is amazing.

One issue that I have with it is the length of time that the pop-up text boxes stay up while entering setup data. For example, when I needed to set the date and time, I would select the needed data item (such as the hour), and before I had a chance to even think about what I needed to enter, the text box would disappear! It's very frustrating when a setup routine (in any electronic device) doesn't give the user sufficient time to think about and then change the data. I suspect that there is no way that a user can change the time that the setup text boxes stay displayed, because it is probably hard-coded in the software. So, unless there is a way to change it, I would like to make a suggestion that in future software updates, that you either provide a way for the user to set the display time of the setup screens, OR simply change the display time to a much longer time that will allow the user to make changes more comfortably.

Thanks for an excellent product!
Reply #1

ZLM

1261 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2014 :  23:02:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is a good idea to let user to set the length of setup popup up Windows.
OR
It can just use longer time for setup popup Windows timeout period.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

radrunner44

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2014 :  14:07:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am also getting frustrated by this short length of time to choose an option. I just posted a note about this as well as another behavior of sometimes having the unit spontaneously change the display type on its own, without my input, while I am testing a sample.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

ZLM

1261 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2014 :  21:22:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For the problem on "spontaneously change display type", turn off the motion detection in the menu. Little vibration may trigger the motion detector.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

TTT

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2015 :  15:26:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Indeed I hear you radrubnner44. Short length of time to press button even happens when pressing within the display choice to text preference. I have motion detector turned off and using both fingers... ready to select TEXT as choice....bam, too late! Extremely bad coding.
A person should be allowed at least one second to press the selection.

Teri NukeWatcher
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000