Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 2.GQ Geiger Muller Counter
 GMC-600+ Firmware 2.42 (as of 2022/12/19)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ihab17

Italy
212 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2021 :  16:37:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

What's new and Changelog to be filled by the manufacturer... hopefully :)

1. Fixed crash when viewing the taken screenshots from the device using buttons S2 and S3

2. Fixed crash on Text Idle Mode when uSv/h reaches 9.999

3. GQ will add more info or will keep it secret

4. GQ come on

5. When CPM reaches 256, an icon of a naked radioactive woman called GEIGERA pops dancing on the screen. Bonus Easter Egg only @CPM 256

6. GQ is smiling and discussing this internally

7. GQ is banning me from the forum

8. Users go on strike and finally GQ listens to customers

9. And customers lived happily ever after, or died of radiation!

Edited by - ihab17 on 12/26/2022 14:01:40
Reply #1

EmfDev

2132 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2021 :  11:01:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi ihab17, the only changes are the fixed crash on Screenshot Menu and fixed crash on Text Idle Mode when uSv/h reaches 9.999
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

Damien68

France
777 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2021 :  11:12:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EmfDev

Hi ihab17, the only changes are the fixed crash on Screenshot Menu and fixed crash on Text Idle Mode when uSv/h reaches 9.999

No GEIGERA?

Mastery is acquired by studying, with it everything becomes simple
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

EmfDev

2132 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2021 :  12:05:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry but no GEIGERA for now.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

Damien68

France
777 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2021 :  12:40:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Sorry but no GEIGERA for now.

Go to Top of Page
Reply #5

kotarak

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2021 :  14:49:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So 2.22 is a much better release - the annoying restart in text mode bug is finally fixed and the screenshot bug. Also the annoying bug which turns off the speaker in Food/Sample in 2.18 is fixed! This is all great!

Seems also, that the display font was changed a bit from 2.18

There are a few small issues with the display output tho:

- when changing the orientation, the divider line of the top status area is drawn first over the old image, then after a brief moment the screen is refreshed - visually the effect is kind of ugly. It is not a show-stopper just not perfect transition between landscape and portrait mode but this lead to the next problem:

-if you are in any mode other than LARGE FONT and orientation is changed to Portrait / Vertical, the divider line on top of the display is drawn over the screen / text striking it over indiscriminately and then blinks periodically - this is rather annoying and pretty ugly as well - just looks messy and unprofessional on the screen.

-Wi-Fi icon in Large Font mode / Landscape screen is cutoff partially by the field clearing the background for the date - 1 pixel column is missing from the icon on the left side.

-the status label (NORMAL/MEDIUM/HIGH) still cuts off the first digit if the secondary unit is a decimal with more than 2 significant digits - for an example if the Large Font is CPM and the secondary display shows uSv/h and mR/h AND the reading is larger 9.999 uSv/h, the first significant digit is covered by the STATUS label. This can easily be fixed by moving the decimal point and showing only 2 digits after the decimal if the value is > 9.999 uSv/h. Sad to say this problem was reported last summer but never addressed. Instead, support's solution was - "just turn off the status msg". Kind of silly to sacrifice a feature because of a few lines of code missing an "if...then" condition

-when you are in a sub-menu, the status icons are printed on over the name of the sub-menu in the top status line - good example is the Display Options sub menu where the Wi-fi icon is just slapped over the text

(!) Lastly and this will be really great if implemented, the Dosimeter mode should be able to display different units from the one set as primary in Large Font. For an example I use Large Font mode in CPM units 99% of the time but when I switch to Dosimeter CPM are meaningless - they are not used for dose measurements anyway and I should be able to set it independently to uSv/h or mR/h. When I go back to Large Font, I should be seeing my unit of choice for that mode and not what the Dosimeter is set to.

If you guys fix these things, the firmware will be nearly perfect

Edited by - kotarak on 01/22/2021 09:42:22
Go to Top of Page
Reply #6

lars.dietrich

Germany
6 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2021 :  01:34:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just want to say "Thank You" for your great support. Of course there are many minor things that can continuously be improved, but this device is
- a great piece of hardware (I don't know any Geiger counter with such a sensitive and large tube at this price tag, that can even detect the radioactivity of a banana :-), and
- a great piece of software, which can not only display a value, but save them of long time, show diagrams, allow for many, many different views, provide individual functions, like food measuring, and so on.

My only wish would be to get regularly informed on the website or in the forum about new software / firmware releases and probably to update the user manual with missing and newly added stuff.

Go to Top of Page
Reply #7

kotarak

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2021 :  09:04:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lars.dietrich

I just want to say "Thank You" for your great support. Of course there are many minor things that can continuously be improved, but this device is
- a great piece of hardware (I don't know any Geiger counter with such a sensitive and large tube at this price tag, that can even detect the radioactivity of a banana :-), and
- a great piece of software, which can not only display a value, but save them of long time, show diagrams, allow for many, many different views, provide individual functions, like food measuring, and so on.

My only wish would be to get regularly informed on the website or in the forum about new software / firmware releases and probably to update the user manual with missing and newly added stuff.

I agree with you - GMC-600+ is probably the most advanced counter in terms of firmware features and making the best use of an on-board microcontroller. It is priced well for what you are getting:
My only complaints with the hardware are:

- the HV bias supply could be "stiffer" - it seems to drop a bit under high counts

- battery charge metering is very inconsistent and all over the place, especially during charging. For example: during charging my units shows randomly 52% then a moment later 68% than back to 65%. When I unplug it at 70% and turn it on it shows 83% with a msg but the battery icon is showing 100%. Repeated checks for the battery voltage thru the menu shows 80% - 81% -79% -81%

- the thin plastic case is (mildly put) terrible - feels cheap and flimsy - on my unit, the case cracked after falling from a foot onto a thick carpet and I had to glue the crack, while reinforcing it inside with a plastic piece. When holding it in hand - durability is not the first thing that comes to my mind. The feeling is even more disappointing if you hold a Radiation Alert Ranger in the other hand - I know that it costs twice as much as the GQ counter (I paid for both) but I also think the Ranger is grossly overpriced. Still GMC-600+ is not the device I carry in the field and instead of buying a second one for field use, I keep it on my lab bench because of the fragile enclosure.

Edited by - kotarak on 01/22/2021 09:32:54
Go to Top of Page
Reply #8

Searinox

Romania
48 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2021 :  08:35:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Forget the radioactive woman, the most important feature is here. When exposed to very high doses of radiation with dead time enabled, the device no longer produces ridiculously high values that result in a crash. That's a very big win as far as I'm concerned! Fix for crash in text mode over 10 uSv/h also confirmed! Great release.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #9

Oldtron

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2021 :  21:38:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Searinox

Fix for crash in text mode over 10 uSv/h also confirmed! Great release.

Strange, mine crashes going over 0.999uSv/h.
This is just before the crash.

unit-change is up because my thumb slipped while taking the screenshot

This is the same thing in Text Mode.

Both crashes occurred by slowly decreasing the distance to an 6" Uranium glass candy dish. This dish could be pretty hot it's old and glows very bright under UVA, although I hear that has nothing to do with the amount of U in it.

It takes the 600+ a minute or two for the count to go back to the background reading after being close (5-6") to the dish, don't think I understand exactly why?

EDIT: I need to test this more carefully!
A 6" dish isn't really what one could call a point source, so trying to slowly ramp up the CPM may be impossible without saturating the tube.

Randy

A uranium atom is only three hydrogen diameters, but 238 times as massive.

Edited by - Oldtron on 03/16/2021 07:21:51
Go to Top of Page
Reply #10

EmfDev

2132 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2021 :  10:07:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Oldtron, which revision of 600+ do you have? It takes at least 1 minute to get a good reading unless you have the Fast Estimate feature it will estimate the CPM faster than 1 minute.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #11

Oldtron

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2021 :  18:49:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sir EmfDev,

Revision 2.22

Repeated the experiment today: Same results…

Today’s Source: h**p://www.aladdin-us.com/product/R150# (Because I have an Aladdin Oil Lamp), I have 3 old broken mantles, so with only 1 mantle still in it’s cardboard box (0.38mm - 1/64” thick), right at 25.5cm - 10” in front of the GM tube opening.

As the count rolls up over 0.999µSv/h, the screen freezes, approximately 2 sec. then WDT (watchdog timer) resets microcontroller.

Fast Estimate was set to Dynamic.

Dead time set at 270µS, Enabled or Disabled still crashes.

Randy

Go to Top of Page
Reply #12

Searinox

Romania
48 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2021 :  04:25:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dead time was only a problem with very high CPM not the >9.999 uSv/h on Text screen. That was a separate bug. But I'm curious how that crash still happens as I am on 2.22 myself and it isn't happening anymore.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #13

Oldtron

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2021 :  10:43:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Relax, Problem Solved, maybe.

It required a second expresso this morning…

Look what I found; calibration data look a little strange?

After a Factory Reset, and reprogramming…

Up against the Aladdin Mantle box.

Noticed during attempted reprogramming:
Data Viewer - Setting - Configuration - Write to Device: Did not work
Data Viewer - Setting - Other - to reprogram device.
Then
Data Viewer - Setting - Configuration - Read/Write to Device: Did work
Strange, maybe, I don’t know, no big deal, may have been a brain cloud?

Anyway, I have no idea how or when the calibration data became corrupted.
If it wasn’t something weird, I would have to say it was a USB communication error during reading/writing operations with the Data Viewer/Logger software, or possibly a temperamental USB cable, but I have no clue...

Go to Top of Page
Reply #14

Searinox

Romania
48 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2021 :  00:22:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks about accurate for what I get out of these myself(I have a non-plus 600 device but still it's calibrated and I wrapped the mantle up to hold against the detector). Also I only just noticed, 70%+ voltage? Man after my own heart! \m/ I didn't even know you could set calibration to negative uSv/h. What even is a negative radiation dose rate? Lol. XD

To the moderators: I find it hilarious how the forums have a link filter that censors out "H**P" but then also parses the rest of the link to make it clickable! XD

Edited by - Searinox on 03/18/2021 00:29:49
Go to Top of Page
Reply #15

Damien68

France
777 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2021 :  00:44:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Oldtron

Relax, Problem Solved, maybe.

It required a second expresso this morning…

Look what I found; calibration data look a little strange?

On data viewer, have you selected the right device? (GMC-600+)?
I'st looks like a fake register map or fake definition, can be a wrong device selected or a bug from either the app or the counter.
in any case it should not be possible to look that, so there is a bug.

Edited by - Damien68 on 03/18/2021 02:58:46
Go to Top of Page
Reply #16

EmfDev

2132 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2021 :  10:07:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Links must be HTTPS not HTTP I think.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #17

Oldtron

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2021 :  13:28:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Searinox

Also I only just noticed, 70%+ voltage?

There’s a thread about that: Sticky: Auto Voltage Adjust - 500+, 600, 600+
https://www.gqelectronicsllc.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7677
quote:
Originally posted by Damien68

On data viewer, have you selected the right device? (GMC-600+)?

That’s Old-tron not Stupid-tron!
No, really… Unless someone else has another idea, I must assume the cable was at fault or the connector was bumped while a transfer was in progress. That poor cable has since been retired, just in case.

Before I inadvertently hi-jacked this thread and scared the hell out of the 600+ owners, and software engineers, I believe my intent was to comment on ver. 2.22.

I see the same display errors on the LCD as before mentioned. I know as irritating as they are some of them can be a real pain to get rid of. I don’t know about the GQ line, but in sensors that I’ve built, one can program the MCU to do almost anything. But to talk to a display! Well, that’s a different device with it’s own MCU and memory which was programed by someone else (firmware) thinking about how a display should work, not how you intend to use it.

Take this MCU I built for a ventless heater fan, so… simple. Notice the two “F”’s. The last one was written when the temp was over 100. The first one was written when temp fell below 100(actually; the same one right, it’s just written to a different memory location). To get rid of the 2nd F you can just add a space “_“ behind the F to effectively erase the second F that was already in memory when the digit shift occurs. No wait you can’t do that because the communication protocol automatically removes any trailing spaces to speed up the display! Ok, let’s use an invisible character to erase the 2nd F. Nope, there isn’t one in the character set! Ok, I’m tired of messing with it so it’s going to stay that way!
Yes, there are a few ways to fix this but most just move the problem somewhere else like clearing the whole display and rewriting it till the flicker drives you insane. And this is just a two-line character LCD, a Graphic LCD is an order of magnitude more complex.

The ideal solution is to have the LCD custom made with your own firmware, so it behaves the way you want it to. Oh, but that drives the cost up till no one can afford it.

I’d love to see a new heaver case with the molded-on rubber bumpers around all the corners and edges, but I probably can’t afford that ether… (I was thinking about putting some big O-rings around it, but it might not be as stable when used vertically).

What I can’t find is anything wrong with the battery charging and notification. Mine seems to be functioning exactly as I would expect it to. Percent Charge is a calculated value that will dance around a bit, +/- 2%, normal. 16% dance while charging I don’t believe I’ve seen. Perhaps another battery or higher current power supply?

Can we get ver. 3.0 to make espresso, ah, never mind…?

Randy

Edited by - Oldtron on 03/19/2021 07:56:27
Go to Top of Page
Reply #18

Damien68

France
777 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2021 :  23:53:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

No, really… Unless someone else has another idea, I must assume the cable was at fault or the connector was bumped while a transfer was in progress. That poor cable has since been retired, just in case.

and now it work? or not?

Edited by - Damien68 on 03/19/2021 00:31:47
Go to Top of Page
Reply #19

Oldtron

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2021 :  07:50:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

and now it work? or not?

Damien68, Sorry if I wasn't clear: A factory reset cleaned up the corrupted calibration data, and the 600+ appears to be working perfectly!

Randy

Go to Top of Page
Reply #20

Damien68

France
777 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2021 :  08:20:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

and now it work? or not?

Damien68, Sorry if I wasn't clear: A factory reset cleaned up the corrupted calibration data, and the 600+ appears to be working perfectly!

Randy

Ok, nice.

Randy, where you find your pink LCD, it is photoshoped?

Go to Top of Page
Reply #21

blargg

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2021 :  05:31:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kotarak
- the thin plastic case is (mildly put) terrible - feels cheap and flimsy - on my unit, the case cracked after falling from a foot onto a thick carpet and I had to glue the crack, while reinforcing it inside with a plastic piece. When holding it in hand - durability is not the first thing that comes to my mind. The feeling is even more disappointing if you hold a Radiation Alert Ranger in the other hand - I know that it costs twice as much as the GQ counter (I paid for both) but I also think the Ranger is grossly overpriced. Still GMC-600+ is not the device I carry in the field and instead of buying a second one for field use, I keep it on my lab bench because of the fragile enclosure.

I'd be more worried about breaking the GM tube, with its delicate mica window, than breaking the case. I keep my 600+ in a padded camera bag that fits snugly, when transporting, and use the wrist strap. I don't want to drop a $300+ instrument.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #22

Oldtron

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2021 :  20:01:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ok, nice.
Randy, where you find your pink LCD, it is photoshoped?

Damien68, What is photoshopped?

LCD: https://www.adafruit.com/product/716

No pink, that's supposed to be violet.

I change the backlight according to the particular function being executed so to observe the behaver of the program from across the basement. I can't read it from more than about 2 feet away.

Randy

Go to Top of Page
Reply #23

Damien68

France
777 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2021 :  23:08:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK Randy, it's nice, this is the first time that I see it and the result is pretty good and without artifacts from the RGB backlight.
this is interesting. Thanks for sharing this.

It would be better to have this type of backlighting or even display on the 500+ rather than an LED that flashes green or red and that we do not see color change.

Go to Top of Page
Reply #24

gorbavid

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2022 :  23:24:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
when I start up the quick log, the CPM shows up as CPS for some reason.

And the CPM acts as the CPS on the graph. However loading history works
just fine.

GMC 600+ 2.22 firmware.

Edited by - gorbavid on 03/08/2022 21:58:01
Go to Top of Page
Reply #25

ihab17

Italy
212 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2022 :  05:48:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am coming back to this topic because I am also coming back to GQ GMC 600+. I have been using Radiation Alert Ranger for quite a while, but I sold it and got another counter, which I also sold and came back to GQ (which by the way was my first counter I bought). I love the compatibility with Ullix's GeigerLog and the fact that I can configure the counter to automatically upload data using Wi-Fi, AND also like the fact that there is a forum page where I can talk to the DEV team, download and update the FW (which none of the other brands offered). I guess my Geiger Counter adventure has ended by choosing GMC 600+ as my definite and final counter.

@EmfDev, just for curiosity, what is the latest firmware update for the 600+?
Go to Top of Page
Reply #26

ihab17

Italy
212 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2022 :  12:53:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

GMC 600+ 2.22 firmware.

My new GMC 600+ arrived today and the firmware version is 2.42. Try asking EmfDev for the latest FW and see if the problem persists. For the time being I haven't had enough time to play around with all the settings and test it. I might need a month or so, collecting data and hoping to analyze it using GeigerLog
Go to Top of Page
Reply #27

EmfDev

2132 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2022 :  15:56:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi ihab17,

You have the latest version of GMC-600+. There is another one with Spanish language support that has not been released yet.

We would love to add Italian/French Language but we so far we didnt find anyone that can transalte.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #28

ihab17

Italy
212 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2022 :  01:53:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
We would love to add Italian/French Language but we so far we didnt find anyone that can transalte.

I can help with the Italian translation... I'm Italian... but this time we need Geigera!

Edited by - ihab17 on 12/20/2022 01:54:40
Go to Top of Page
Reply #29

ullix

Germany
1107 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2022 :  02:13:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What? No German translation?

quote:
. but this time we need Geigera!

She is still waiting to be detected!
Go to Top of Page
Reply #30

ihab17

Italy
212 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2022 :  02:50:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ullix

What? No German translation?

quote:
. but this time we need Geigera!

She is still waiting to be detected!

Folks! We have a German translator. Ullix!
Go to Top of Page
Reply #31

ihab17

Italy
212 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2022 :  12:03:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Ullix, I've never had consistent results like this before! Data taken between yesterday after 20:30 and today 20:40 with firmware 2.4.2

ALso, I see that the GMC 600+ has two languages, English and German for the joy of Ullix (was it you?)
Data can be found here
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Pxc3AhrzUiNdM2XSvVWTvZs15PnJYNgh?usp=share_link

This is my GMCMAP counter data
https://www.gmcmap.com/historyData.asp?Param_ID=95508869953

Looks like GMC folks made some significant changes and optimizations

Edited by - ihab17 on 12/20/2022 12:19:24
Go to Top of Page
Reply #32

EmfDev

2132 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2022 :  12:54:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ihab17 and ullix, there is already a German language added from the Main Menu -> Init Setup -> Language.

German/Deustch was the first one to be added.

@ihab17, if you want to translate the text to italian, please email me and I will send you the file to be translated. Thank you.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #33

Bobakman

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2022 :  17:47:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just updated my 600+ to 2.42 so far all went well. FYI a factory reset occurs after the update so you will need to input saved settigs such as WiFi and server settings among other things after the update.

Bob

“If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.”
Nikola Tesla
Go to Top of Page
Reply #34

ihab17

Italy
212 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2022 :  23:38:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

@ihab17 and ullix, there is already a German language added from the Main Menu -> Init Setup -> Language.

German/Deustch was the first one to be added.

@ihab17, if you want to translate the text to italian, please email me and I will send you the file to be translated. Thank you.

Yes, I'd like to help. Please send me the file. Thanks
Go to Top of Page
Reply #35

EmfDev

2132 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2022 :  12:45:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi ihab17, thank you for helping. Let me see if I can attach the file here.

https://www.gqelectronicsllc.com/forum/uploaded/EmfDev/20221221014629language.c

@ullix you can check if the German language is accurate. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page
Reply #36

ihab17

Italy
212 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2022 :  01:02:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is the file with the Italian language included
https://www.gqelectronicsllc.com/forum/uploaded/ihab17/2022122201583620221221014629language_italian_included.c

@EmfDev is there a way to test the translation and how it fits the display without updating the firmware itself? It would be nice to test it before implementing it and see what other Italians here who may have other translation suggestions
Go to Top of Page
Reply #37

EmfDev

2132 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2022 :  10:58:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks ihab17! Yes there is a way by updating the demo. It may take a while since the demo software has not been updated for a while.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #38

ihab17

Italy
212 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2022 :  12:38:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks ihab17! Yes there is a way by updating the demo. It may take a while since the demo software has not been updated for a while.

I'd like to test it first before releasing to production, as I want to see how the text is displayed on the screen and if I can/have to abbreviate some words. Let me know. Thanks
Go to Top of Page
Reply #39

Damien68

France
777 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2022 :  23:16:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi EmfDev,
To help, I quickly made a French version, with there will be mistakes due to the context in which the expressions will be used. if you implement it on a simulator, with several iterations, if I have the time I should be able to correct some errors, you are free to do what you want with it.
Regards.

https://www.gqelectronicsllc.com/forum/uploaded/Damien68/20221222115640French_language_alpha_version.c

Note:
it will miss the following entry:
"Français", //lid_French

Edited by - Damien68 on 12/22/2022 23:19:11
Go to Top of Page
Reply #40

EmfDev

2132 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2022 :  10:28:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Damien68 and @ihab17, thank you for your translations. I will send them to support so they can update the demo simulation software.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #41

Damien68

France
777 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2022 :  23:49:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Emf Dev,
thanks to the screenshots of ihab 17, I will make corrections in the next few days. so I think it's better to wait a bit before integrating all this. :=)

Go to Top of Page
Reply #42

ihab17

Italy
212 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2022 :  01:52:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hi Emf Dev,
thanks to the screenshots of ihab 17, I will make corrections in the next few days. so I think it's better to wait a bit before integrating all this. :=)

It would be nice if we could point the demo executable to our language settings so that we can test it ourselves before GQ includes them in the next firmware update, by doing so, we would avoid contacting GQ for every single modification we need to perform, until we find the most suitable translation and display settings. @EmfDEV is this possible?
Go to Top of Page
Reply #43

EmfDev

2132 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2022 :  17:03:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since im not the main dev of the simulation software, I cannot tell if user can make changes on a file/code to reflect on the demo. We need to wait a bit.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #44

Chelovek

1 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2023 :  20:48:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How I can update Firmware from 2.22 to 2.42?
Go to Top of Page
Reply #45

ihab17

Italy
212 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2023 :  09:05:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chelovek

How I can update Firmware from 2.22 to 2.42?

You have to contact EMFDEV using a private message, sending him your device serial number, and wait for him to reply with a download link
Go to Top of Page
Reply #46

EmfDev

2132 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2023 :  12:17:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Chelovek, you can also send your serial number to support@gqelectronicsllc.com. The forum email sometimes does not work.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.14 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000