Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 2.GQ Geiger Muller Counter
 My GMC 320 Plus stopped working

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Christine Posted - 07/13/2016 : 05:37:39
It was fine until I had it propped against the printer in the document tray, and turned the thing on, and then the CPM dropped to 0 and never goes above that, all else works date, time etc. took the battery out for at least 10 seconds, did factory reset, turned it on and off, nothing helps.

I did set the alert trigger level to 0001 in both places for this it had been at 0100 (or extra zero before in each case I forget) no change. The view on the computer when attached looked active but not on the device itself, but kept up after disconnect so is fake. not he demo mode.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Distelzombie Posted - 07/15/2016 : 03:36:16
It's probably not your printer and they're two different kind. If I'm honest this could only happen if you had a laser printer that is exploding in electrical kakaphonie nearby. I was just taking one apart that day. :D
But I would still say it's a damaged tube.

If you have a multimeter that is capable of measuring >600V, you should first try to measure if there is voltage on the tube contacts. It should be around 400v.
That's dangerous, so no touchy! ;)

If there is and it's kinda low: There is one trimmer pot on the PCB. (be careful not to touch the tube contacts!!!! AAAH!) If you turn it really slow in... I forgot wich direction... Try both - the tube could start detecting AGAIN while the voltage rises. If not, it's either the wrong direction or it's damaged.

That's what YOU could do. If the tube appears to be damaged, you can simply buy one off of eBay for about 15$ € £... It's a M4011 tube.
Then just cut the zip ties and replace the tube.

If it still won't work, send it back to your seller or GQ.
:)
Christine Posted - 07/13/2016 : 10:00:06
thank you, it is I think a laser printer o inkjet is that the same sort of thing? I think the blue tooth or wifi was engaged the blue light came on when I turned it on.

how do I ramp up the tube voltage? if it is damaged how do I get it repaired?
Distelzombie Posted - 07/13/2016 : 09:41:40
You could try to ramp up the tube voltage. If that doesn't help the tube is probably damaged.
Tubes can get damaged by electric fields. If the printer is really old and not properly shielded and/or it's a laser printer, maybe there was a emp.

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.05 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000