Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 2.GQ Geiger Muller Counter
 Upgrade firmware GMC320+v5

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ProtonJumper Posted - 02/27/2022 : 23:47:02
Hello.

I am new to the forum and as the owner of this counter. I think it is a great product and I am very happy with it.
Now my firmware is 5.62. How can I update the firmware and know if there is a new version periodically?

I am also having problems with the PC software accessing and saving the GMC320 settings. It seems as if the data does not match the box where it should be (Wifi password appears in the "website" box, URL and CounterID appear with garbled data...) if I fill in the data correctly in the software and write to the GMC, this ends in error and the data is corrupted. The problem appear with GMC software and also with Geigerlog.

On the other hand, if the measurement data that is read from the meter appears correct, the fault only affects the reading and writing of the configuration. I don't know if it could be because of the old firmware.

Thanks and regards.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ProtonJumper Posted - 03/02/2022 : 05:40:07
Hi all and very thanks for the help.

I have downloaded and used the new version of geigerlog and with this it works perfectly. Read and write the configuration from the software correctly.

Fantastic software by the way ;-)

EmfDev: My version of DataViewer is the last, downloaded from website some days ago, but not work fine con my gmc320v5.

Problem solved , very thanks for all and regards.
EmfDev Posted - 03/01/2022 : 18:24:45
Hi ProtonJumper, what version of Data Viewer are you using? It seems 5.62 is the latest for your device.
ullix Posted - 02/28/2022 : 02:40:22
@ProtonJumper: I'd need more details to see if GeigerLog is at fault and what problem there is. Since, as you say, the GQ software has same/similar problems, it seems to be the counter's fault.

The counters, 300 and 500, occasionally have problems in writing their config properly. This often can be "corrected" by repeating the writing. Did the 2nd or even 3rd writing came out properly?

I have just released GeigerLog as Version 1.3.0, and I suggest you first update GeigerLog to this new version before continuing. Download this: https://sourceforge.net/projects/geigerlog/files/geigerlog-v1.3.0.zip/download

If the problem remains, then start GeigerLog with these command options to GeigerLog:
geigerlog -dvwR

This will create a file 'geigerlog.stdlog' in GeigerLog's data directory, which I will need.

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.05 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000