Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 2.GQ Geiger Muller Counter
 GMC-320 Windows 8.1 Drivers

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Gewehr Posted - 10/17/2020 : 20:57:31
Ok, revisiting this issue. Is there updated instructions or any tips for getting this driver to work on Win 8.1?

My GMC-320 displays as this and there is no driver rollback option. I tried updating it with the update driver option which didn't work either.

11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Damien68 Posted - 11/07/2020 : 21:05:16
quote:
Originally posted by Gewehr

I don't know why you think I'm using Windows 98.

Sorry is juste a confusion i thought windows 8.1 but i writed 98
Gewehr Posted - 11/07/2020 : 18:39:35
quote:
Originally posted by Damien68

Check that there is not too much USB device connected to your PC, some PCs do not support more than 6 or 7 devices.
Try to change USB port, to test, connect your GMC device directly on your PC, and not after a Hub.
After if it doesn't work, may be that the windows registry of your windows 98 must be corrupted, it happened easily with this version of windows.
forget the driver that I indicated to you, it apparently has specificities. and prefer that of EmfDev.

you can try to do the following operations in the following order:
- uninstall the driver
- disconnect the GMC device
- reboot windows
- install the driver again
- reconnect the GMC device

There is only 1 other USB device connected (my wifi dongle). I have been connecting the GMC-320 directly,
and I tried using the older legacy USB 2.0 instead of the blue 3.0, but it still didn't work.
I even tried using the old USB driver (#19 on the download page). I'm using Windows 8.1, I don't know why you think I'm using Windows 98.
Damien68 Posted - 11/07/2020 : 00:04:15
Check that there is not too much USB device connected to your PC, some PCs do not support more than 6 or 7 devices.
Try to change USB port, to test, connect your GMC device directly on your PC, and not after a Hub.
After if it doesn't work, may be that the windows registry of your windows 98 must be corrupted, it happened easily with this version of windows.
forget the driver that I indicated to you, it apparently has specificities. and prefer that of EmfDev.

you can try to do the following operations in the following order:
- uninstall the driver
- disconnect the GMC device
- reboot windows
- install the driver again
- reconnect the GMC device
Gewehr Posted - 11/06/2020 : 22:42:24
quote:
Originally posted by Damien68

did you try to install it on another pc?

sometimes with the old version of windows it is necessary that the peripheral was disconnected to install the driver.

you can also find the latest official version of the driver suporting windows 8.1 on the website of the chip manufacturer used by GQ:
h**p://www.wch-ic.com/downloads/CH341SER_ZIP.html
but keep your GMC-320 disconeted from your PC to do driver installation

I have it installed on an old Windows Vista laptop just fine. I extracted the ZIP you linked, and when I run the exe it gives me this.

Damien68 Posted - 11/01/2020 : 23:58:26
did you try to install it on another pc?

sometimes with the old version of windows it is necessary that the peripheral was disconnected to install the driver.

you can also find the latest official version of the driver suporting windows 8.1 on the website of the chip manufacturer used by GQ:
h**p://www.wch-ic.com/downloads/CH341SER_ZIP.html
but keep your GMC-320 disconeted from your PC to do driver installation
Gewehr Posted - 11/01/2020 : 18:22:16
quote:
Originally posted by EmfDev

That is hard as we do not have windows 8.1 to test

So there's nothing more to do? Great...
EmfDev Posted - 10/26/2020 : 12:22:04
That is hard as we do not have windows 8.1 to test
Gewehr Posted - 10/23/2020 : 22:28:14
quote:

Try to uninstall the driver and try maybe your version of windows has build-in ch34x driver.

If not, can you try to uninstall the driver and try the drivers from these links?

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/how-to-install-ch340-drivers/all

https://www.arduined.eu/ch340-windows-8-driver-download/

Have not tested the second one.

Neither of those work for me either, they seem like they are identical versions anyways. Uninstalling it doesn't make it work either since it seems like it never really installs it in the first place even though it says so.
EmfDev Posted - 10/21/2020 : 09:47:37
Try to uninstall the driver and try maybe your version of windows has build-in ch34x driver.

If not, can you try to uninstall the driver and try the drivers from these links?

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/how-to-install-ch340-drivers/all

https://www.arduined.eu/ch340-windows-8-driver-download/

Have not tested the second one.
Gewehr Posted - 10/20/2020 : 21:26:09
quote:

Hi Gewehr, maybe you can uninstall the driver first then install an old version driver?

What do you mean? There is only one driver posted on the downloads page and it is good for XP to Win 8.1.
EmfDev Posted - 10/20/2020 : 09:19:35
Hi Gewehr, maybe you can uninstall the driver first then install an old version driver?

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.05 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000