Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 2.GQ Geiger Muller Counter
 GPRS system in 510 model

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
CrocodileDandee Posted - 07/15/2020 : 01:06:17
Does any other model have this GPRS system? I think it might be very handy for me in a remote area. I try to connect my 500+ via hotspot on mobile phone to send data to the GQ world map. Can someone please explain how the GPRS system exactly works? Thanks.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
CrocodileDandee Posted - 07/15/2020 : 04:56:20
quote:
Originally posted by Damien68

gprs is a sub-protocol or extension of GSM protocol (2nd generation of cell phone network).
it requires a sim card (with a subscription from a telephone operator) and a available 2G network.
it has a very low bit rate basically 9,05 kbit/s and can go up to 21 kbit/s, but largely sufficient for this application.
it is almost obsolete but still very used so for the moment still managed by the majority of operators but to my knowledge without public commitments (it can depend on the country and the operator...).
If we can go with wifi through the hotspot of a phone, I think it is less problem and more savings.
if you want a standalone device, the 510 can be interesting but consumes energy so, depending of run time can require to be powered with a external power supply

Thanks for your explanation. I might keep on using the 510+ with opening a hotspot on my iPhone.
Damien68 Posted - 07/15/2020 : 01:32:33
gprs is a sub-protocol or extension of GSM protocol (2nd generation of cell phone network).
it requires a sim card (with a subscription from a telephone operator) and a available 2G network.
it has a very low bit rate basically 9,05 kbit/s and can go up to 21 kbit/s, but largely sufficient for this application.
it is almost obsolete but still very used so for the moment still managed by the majority of operators but to my knowledge without public commitments in the duration (it can depend on the country and the operator...).
If we can go with wifi through the hotspot of a phone, I think it is less problem and more savings.
if you want a standalone device, the 510 can be interesting but consumes energy so, depending of run time can require to be powered with a external power supply

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.05 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000