Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 2.GQ Geiger Muller Counter
 Can I run my 500+ mobile on GQ World Map via phone

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
CrocodileDandee Posted - 07/14/2020 : 00:40:24
I wonder if it’s possible to create another Geiger Counter online to be able to make a pin at Maralinga, where I go soon. Theoretically I would like to open a hotspot with my iPhone and connect my 500+ to it to be able to put the famous radioactive place Maralinga in Australia on the GQ World map. Is that possible?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
CrocodileDandee Posted - 07/14/2020 : 19:46:58
quote:
Originally posted by EmfDev

Yes you click on the Manage Geiger Counter on your profile and then as you did before you can create a pin on you desired location. Then you have change the Geiger Counter ID on your 500+ to be able to upload to that pin.

Thanks for that. Hopefully the mobile network in Maralinga is stable enough to send the live data to your server. It is a sad and interesting story, and there are a lot of documentaries about this place. I had a scientist background actor role in the recent Australian ABC mini series called "operation buffalo" which is about this place. It was mainly filmed in Studios and Parachilna in Australia but not Maralinga. Thats why I am interested in this place. It might be published on Netflix on a later date like the series "stateless" where I was working as an Extra in different roles.
EmfDev Posted - 07/14/2020 : 09:23:04
Yes you click on the Manage Geiger Counter on your profile and then as you did before you can create a pin on you desired location. Then you have change the Geiger Counter ID on your 500+ to be able to upload to that pin.
CrocodileDandee Posted - 07/14/2020 : 02:30:02
quote:
Originally posted by Damien68

you can also take photos of the GMC-500 in situation or make small videos during your trip and share them here

Yes I can, but back to my question, is it possible after creating a hotspot in an average 3G mobile network, that the 500+ can be set to it and it’s working like it would work in a wlan network?
Damien68 Posted - 07/14/2020 : 01:59:45
you can also take photos of the GMC-500 in situation or make small videos during your trip and share them here

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.05 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000