Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 2.GQ Geiger Muller Counter
 GQ Electronics doesn't respond for Firmware update

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
CrocodileDandee Posted - 07/10/2020 : 19:42:33
Can somebody please assist me or send me the latest Firmware download link for my 500 Plus? I have sent GQ Electronics my valid serial number to receive a link for the latest Firmware download, but they do not respond to my Emails. My firmware is currently 2.19. Many thanks in advance. Greetings from Australia!
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
CrocodileDandee Posted - 07/13/2020 : 14:34:23
Thanks to everyone trying to help me. I have now received an email with Firmware link.
CrocodileDandee Posted - 07/13/2020 : 08:06:25
quote:
Originally posted by Damien68

then they are probably on vacation,
the update file is an .exe which certainly requires a Windows PC to install it on GMC-500+. if you don't have one personally, you will probably have to borrow one.

Fair enough. I just want the firmware update for my serial number. I will organize a windows computer. Hopefully they respond soon. Surprised they don’t offer a solution for Macs. Most of friends and colleagues here in Australia have MacS or iMacs.
Damien68 Posted - 07/13/2020 : 05:29:24
then they are probably on vacation,
the update file is an .exe which certainly requires a Windows PC to install it on GMC-500+. if you don't have one personally, you will probably have to borrow one.
CrocodileDandee Posted - 07/13/2020 : 01:06:39
quote:

yes certainly EmfDev, you can click on his name on one of his posts, and then you have a shortcut to send him an email directly

I did days ago, but he didn’t respond.
Damien68 Posted - 07/12/2020 : 22:58:44
yes certainly EmfDev, you can click on his name on one of his posts, and then you have a shortcut to send him an email directly
CrocodileDandee Posted - 07/12/2020 : 22:44:19
quote:

I also believe that firmware updates are only valid for one device and one serial number.
it looks a bit like software protection by encryption with a diversified key. it's just speculation but there must be a reason like that.

Thanks for your response. There was someone here in the forum who said he can send that. Maybe it’s someone from the company...
CrocodileDandee Posted - 07/12/2020 : 22:42:36
quote:
Originally posted by Jadeye

As far as I am aware, they manually generate firmware updates using your serial number, so I think only they will be able to provide you a link. They usually reply very fast so maybe it's just that the person working on these requests may be out of office. (My 500+ is on v2.22 at the moment.)

Thanks, hopefully they respond soon.

I have sent them my valid serial number with my request.
Damien68 Posted - 07/12/2020 : 05:07:24
I also believe that firmware updates are only valid for one device and one serial number.
it looks a bit like software protection by encryption with a diversified key. it's just speculation but there must be a reason like that.
Jadeye Posted - 07/12/2020 : 02:32:32
As far as I am aware, they manually generate firmware updates using your serial number, so I think only they will be able to provide you a link. They usually reply very fast so maybe it's just that the person working on these requests may be out of office. (My 500+ is on v2.22 at the moment.)

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.05 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000