Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 2.GQ Geiger Muller Counter
 Unit won't register

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mjb Posted - 07/08/2020 : 15:39:12
I just bought a GQ GMC-500+, running firmware 2.22. In Data Logger program, if I try to register my device, nothing happens. No error, and the program still displays "Unregistered" an won't let me store logging info. So what's the programs problem?

Also, when I try to use the Data Viewer to set the WiFi parameters, if doesn't like my network's password and displays an error claiming something should be 32 bytes. My router is a professional grade router.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
EmfDev Posted - 07/10/2020 : 09:41:01
There is no currently GQ GMC app that supports MAC. But as Damien68 said, ullix's geigerlog can work on a map but it needs some time and skills to install.
CrocodileDandee Posted - 07/10/2020 : 03:45:01
quote:
Originally posted by mjb

I just bought a GQ GMC-500+, running firmware 2.22. In Data Logger program, if I try to register my device, nothing happens. No error, and the program still displays "Unregistered" an won't let me store logging info. So what's the programs problem?

Also, when I try to use the Data Viewer to set the WiFi parameters, if doesn't like my network's password and displays an error claiming something should be 32 bytes. My router is a professional grade router.

Hi from Australia, I bought the 500+ too and can't even find a usb driver to install it on one of my Macs. My firmware is 2.91 and I have sent the support an email. How long did you wait for your download link with the latest software? Thanks.
Damien68 Posted - 07/09/2020 : 01:19:47
I think there are 2 apps, one free and one not free, the free app is basic. there is also GeigerLog the free ullix application which may ask to install a specific environment (Python QT ...) which still requires skills to install.
mjb Posted - 07/08/2020 : 16:40:19
OK, just ordered it. You really should make it clear in the documentation that the software, despite being freely downloadable from your website, requires a license fee to work.
EmfDev Posted - 07/08/2020 : 16:25:49
Hi mjb, you must pay for the license or serial number for the Data Logger PRO software. But you can also download and use the Data Viewer software for free.

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.03 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000