Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 3. GQ EMF EF Meter RF Spectrum Power Analyzer
 High EF readings (extreme) 1.1kV/m normal?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SRJ Posted - 04/23/2020 : 15:24:09
Hey people, I live in a studio where I do everything: sleep, work etc. I have a lot of computers (8-15, half of them running 24/7) in my home. There should be some electrosmog at least so I decided to purchase an EMF390. Seems to be that RF is very low (no WIFI here) EMF is normal to medium except close to my computers but the EF measurements (all in one mode) are startling. Where I sleep, an EF is detected at 150-190 V/m, some spots peak at 598 V/m and elsewhere at my home I detected levels of more than 1100 V/m. There are no high-voltage powerlines here, just a lot of electrical equipment. Are these levels even possible in an household? Can this explain why I havenīt been able to sleep for weeks? (I feel fine though, no worries) In the garden, far away from my computers I measure 6 V/m which makes me wonder if the readings are correct. Thank for reply
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
EmfDev Posted - 06/23/2020 : 10:09:37
Ohh I see, it is really hard to shield the EF if that is the case. Is there any way to move anything away from the power lines? Or try some grounded screens to block some EF.

For EMF it is hard to block. You have to either lower the power of the source of keep longer distance from it.
mjh Posted - 06/22/2020 : 18:56:38
EmfDev, thanks for the reply. The lines i'm dealing with are 2 residential power lines on a pole 18 feet up. How do I check for grounding for that? I'm certain the power lines are not shielded. I know aluminum foil would shield the lines from the harmful EF's but how do I do that without risking some kind of big big shock...and would I be in trouble with power company for tampering with their lines? I've actually been thinking about how to do some thing like this to create some kind of shielding.

BTW, i have some other problem areas. Do you know any way to shield from EMFs? This is a challenge I've been trying to figure out. EMFs are a whole other, more complicated problem to shield from. Thanks again!
EmfDev Posted - 06/22/2020 : 10:10:10
Hi Hazel, if you have turned off all your electronic devices or appliances(lamps,alarm clock, etc) and the EF is still high, it might just be static EF. You dont need to be concerned about static EF.

mjh, it should just be grounding issues. You need to check if the grounding is ok. Also you can try to use aluminum foil and dont forget to ground the aluminum foil to block the EF.
mjh Posted - 06/21/2020 : 10:03:22
I am new to all this but I've had high EF at the head of my bed. EF and RF I've found can be easily shielded (unlike EMFs). I'm thinking the wall has outlet power lines in it that is causing that. You can use shielding fabric (even foil works - Makes it look like your crazy though.)

My bigger problem is my wife just set up a horse business and over the arena is a simple power line to get power to the neighbors houses. Looks un-shielded. My EF reading under the line is 2500 v/M. We had a horse colic and my son had a bad asthma attach while under the power line. Not sure if the lines are a correlate to these issues. Regardless, I'd like to figure a way to get that 2500 EF number way down somehow. Anyone have any ideas?
Hazel Posted - 06/19/2020 : 21:08:33
I have the same problem. The EFs are always high right near my bed and the sleep trouble is something I just don't want to deal with anymore. How can I find more information on high EFs?
SRJ Posted - 04/24/2020 : 12:12:41
Thanx for the reply. It could be static electricity indeed. I cut off the powerlines and it was still there, so that excluded my equipment or any power system as the cause.
EmfDev Posted - 04/24/2020 : 09:06:19
Hi SRJ, most of those are just static electricity. Some can go up to 1000V/m easily. But it is not that dangerous. A more trouble some EF is AC EF since they are usually from high votlage/current sources. You should still minimize the EF where you sleep or spend more of your time.

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.05 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000