Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 3. GQ EMF EF Meter RF Spectrum Power Analyzer
 EMF readings in my car?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mbrando Posted - 12/25/2018 : 08:18:33
Hello,

Has anyone else here tested your car with an EMF meter? I had purchased an EMF-390 EMF meter from amazon to test my office and house for Electromagnetic Frequencies near the microwave, electric meter and WiFi.

After testing the house, I was curious if the cars would show anything significant.

Note, my reading may not be the same in all HRV's. I only had one in my garage to test. Its 2016 Honda HRV LX.

The reading in the front seats that was considered a high reading was the milligauss ranging from zero when the ignition is off to about 100 milligauss with the ignition on to a high of 320 milligauss with the engine idling. When idling it would fluctuate between 100 milligauss and about 320 milligauss.

Sitting in the back seat showed a just 0.1 to 3.5 milligauss. It seems the readings fall off quickly with distance.

Putting the meter directly over the hood of the engine compartment showed spikes of over 400 milligauss.

From what I could find on the internet, 2.5 milligauss is considered accepted for longer term exposure while 25 milligauss or higher is considered high for short term exposure.

While my reading seem high, I don't spend a lot of time in the car, nor do think I'm feeling any worse for the ware.

I was just wondering if anyone else has tested their car? What make and model?

It it very likely the ignition system since it energizes when the is on but not started.

I wonder if it just my ignition system or maybe this model ignition system because I tested my wifes Acura MDX 2008 and it had front seat readings of just 0.7 to 4.8 milligauss. Maybe the MDX has better shielding or the location of the ignition system or the obvious it is a different ignition system.

Either way, this is not meant to bash the HRV.

Can anyone test their car too and post results here?

Thanks,
Mike
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Bill D. Posted - 02/09/2020 : 16:27:53
Another interesting reading: In Table Mode the EMF frequency changes with engine RPM. Inside the car the reading seems to be more consistent near the ignition key, which would make sense. The frequency can also be detected in places over the hood.
paul Posted - 01/27/2020 : 13:07:58
Just out of interest,does anyone have an electric car,Tesla ect. that they can test ?
paul Posted - 01/26/2020 : 12:35:02
This has long been a problem in most cars.
By the drivers feet are usually the highest readings.
user18 Posted - 01/26/2020 : 08:26:41
Ford Mondeo (2008) here. It is mostly around 1-8 mG where we sit, but it can spike up to several hundred mG down at the pedals when driving. The electric windshield defroster also brings it up to 200-300 mG.

I tested other cars, they are mostly similar, or have much smaller spikes.
ZLM Posted - 12/29/2018 : 09:27:03
I have tested my Honda odyssey and has similar readings.

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.05 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000