Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 2.GQ Geiger Muller Counter
 GMC 500- Critical Reading

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fireworx Posted - 03/08/2019 : 03:36:35
At what Maximum CPM reading should the appropriate authorities be notified when those reading are being recorded within specific regions of an inhabited residential property?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fireworx Posted - 03/19/2019 : 04:38:56
Hello EmfDev..
That's all for now.
Thank you for your reply.

quote:
Originally posted by EmfDev

It depends, it's objective and it's really up to you and based on the radiation background in your region. If you have a background of about 20 CPM, then you get a reading of 100-500 (considering this is true, that you tested and went to other places and came back and still get the same reading not just noise or something else), then you can have some professional/authority to check it for you.

Here's some standards for radiation.
https://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-collections/cfr/part020/full-text.html

EmfDev Posted - 03/14/2019 : 09:28:28
It depends, it's objective and it's really up to you and based on the radiation background in your region. If you have a background of about 20 CPM, then you get a reading of 100-500 (considering this is true, that you tested and went to other places and came back and still get the same reading not just noise or something else), then you can have some professional/authority to check it for you.

Here's some standards for radiation.
https://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-collections/cfr/part020/full-text.html
Fireworx Posted - 03/14/2019 : 08:48:50
quote:
Originally posted by GBG12

The product model will show how sensitive the unit is to Alpha radiation, which will react more to Radon gas than a beta-only model. However in general, the readings obtained inside a residential property should be compared to ambient readings outside. The reason is that ambient readings can vary for things like altitude. If a 12 hour average CPM reading is taken inside and outside, and the inside reading is clearly higher, this points to possible Radon accumulation. Further specific testing is required to show whether it is in fact Radon gas (see https://www.azomining.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=192). Radon tends to accumulate on basement floors. High Radon levels can lead to cancer if breathed in over an extended period.

Thank you. I have read your reply. I will take this into account and take necessary steps to determine whether radon is in fact present. Presupposing that Radon is absent from the test site, at what Maximum CPM reading should the appropriate authorities be notified when those reading are being recorded within specific regions of an inhabited residential property?
Fireworx Posted - 03/14/2019 : 08:38:26
quote:
Originally posted by EmfDev

Hi Fireworx, which product model do you have?

Hi. I have GQ GMC 500 Geiger Counter. (Please pre-suppose that radon isn't present at the test site.)
GBG12 Posted - 03/10/2019 : 16:26:35
The product model will show how sensitive the unit is to Alpha radiation, which will react more to Radon gas than a beta-only model. However in general, the readings obtained inside a residential property should be compared to ambient readings outside. The reason is that ambient readings can vary for things like altitude. If a 12 hour average CPM reading is taken inside and outside, and the inside reading is clearly higher, this points to possible Radon accumulation. Further specific testing is required to show whether it is in fact Radon gas (see https://www.azomining.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=192). Radon tends to accumulate on basement floors. High Radon levels can lead to cancer if breathed in over an extended period.
EmfDev Posted - 03/08/2019 : 09:25:49
Hi Fireworx, which product model do you have?

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000