Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 3. GQ EMF EF Meter RF Spectrum Power Analyzer
 Extremely High Readings

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Flute Posted - 12/29/2018 : 01:58:36
I received this meter for Christmas and the readings inside/outside my home have been extremely high-- up to 200 mG inside (with power breaker shut off, while standing in middle of living room) & 300-400 mG outside. I've taken the meter to other locations and do not get anything near these readings. The only place that I've found to be comparable is at the substation in my town. When using the 3 axis mode, the readings are substantially lower, but still very high, according to most standards. In 3 axis mode, the readings at my house are usually in the 40-50 mG range.
I panicked at my readings and asked someone from the power company to come out and do a field reading with their equipment-- their results outside were around 4-5 mG, which is still high, but much better than what I was getting. Today, i decided to rent a 3 axis meter from a local equipment rental store and the readings outside my house are the same as the power company's readings. The readings inside my house range between 1.5-3, using the rented meter.
Anyway, I'm curious what's going on with the GQ EMF 390 meter. Is it picking up noise? Is that what's making the readings so high? Regardless, the readings are still much higher, when using the GQ meter, at my house, than at most other places I've been to, and I'm curious why this may be? What's going on around my house that makes my readings on the GQ so much higher than other locations I've taken it to? And why are the readings so high compared to the power company's equipment and the equipment I rented today?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Flute Posted - 12/30/2018 : 01:21:25
It's definitely coming from the powerlines... mostly the 2 poles I mentioned, previously. I'd already turned the power off at the breaker, the first day I tried the meter out.
ZLM Posted - 12/30/2018 : 00:43:22
If your meter can get low reading, then meter must detected something to show the reading. Try to find the place transmitting the EMF and see what is the source.

What is the possible source displayed on the scree? That may give you some clues.
Flute Posted - 12/29/2018 : 12:26:01
I can get low readings at most places, ranging from 0.0 to 5.0. For instance, during Christmas, I stayed at a place in downtown Seattle, and it was consistently .5 to 2.0 mG, using the GQ 390.
In 2016, during a windstorm, a tree fell into the power lines, down the street from my house, which caused a lot of poles to snap (like dominoes). The pole in front of my house and the one in front of my neighbor's house were both affected and they both have extremely high readings coming off of them with the GQ 390 meter. The readings are high with other meters, as well, when right up on the poles, but those readings do not extend all the way into my house, like they do with the 390.
Are the readings I'm getting from the 390 meter something I should be concerned about? It worries me because I don't get these readings anywhere else, except when standing next to the substation.
I factory reset the device and I'm still getting the high readings-- 170 mG in my house right now. I also took it to a place, yesterday, where there was 0 EMF and calibrated it, just to see if that helped, but it didn't change anything.

Thank you! :)
ZLM Posted - 12/29/2018 : 09:21:19
The GQ meter has high sensitive sensors. But 300-400mG reading is an high reading.

Can you get any low reading anywhere?

If you never see low reading 0-5mG, then the mater may have some thing to check.

Also, do a factory reset from the unit menu.

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000