Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 2.GQ Geiger Muller Counter
 GMC-300E Plus Issue Blank Screen

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
BinaryNexus Posted - 11/15/2018 : 12:32:37
I recently bought a brand new GMC-300E Plus and switched it on only to discover that nothing shows up on screen other than the battery percentage when initially switching on and the "GQ GMC-300E Plus" logo. I have only once managed to get it to show a CPM and uSv/hr display. The counter still clicks normally and the LED flashes and the counter itself responds naturally to higher levels or radiation, however I am unsure why the display doesn't appear to work. If anyone knows whether or not I'm doing something wrong or something (and how to fix it) it would be greatly appreciated, else I'll have to get it replaced.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
poppie Posted - 02/03/2019 : 06:46:58
I had the same problem this morning after powering the GMC-320+V4 on after having it turned off for about a year. I started down the path of installing drivers and utilities. I downloaded but had to wait to install because I had started a backup. After about 1 hr sitting there powered on and waiting, the GMC gave a loud beep and started working fine. It was plugged in to a usb charge only line for that hour.
EmfDev Posted - 11/16/2018 : 09:44:33
But can you see the battery level when it's off? That's very strange.
Yes, just reply to their email and say it didn't work and they'll let you know what to do.
BinaryNexus Posted - 11/16/2018 : 01:47:31
Oops, posted that by mistake!

What I meant to say was I emailed them and got the firmware update however even after trying it and doing a factory reset it still shows a blank screen.
I would upload an image of what the display is showing (or not showing, in my case) but the forum isn't letting me insert an image.
Basically, the screen backlight is on so the screen lights up but the whole screen is void of any text or display. I'm guessing I'll have to get it replaced or repaired?
BinaryNexus Posted - 11/16/2018 : 01:44:25
quote:
Originally posted by EmfDev

Yeap let me know if you haven't gotten a reply so I can let them know about this issue.

EmfDev Posted - 11/15/2018 : 15:41:05
Yeap let me know if you haven't gotten a reply so I can let them know about this issue.
BinaryNexus Posted - 11/15/2018 : 13:33:56
Thanks for your reply EmfDev.
I tried the factory reset from the terminal in the data viewer but unfortunately the device still shows nothing. I will follow your advice and email support, as I do have the serial hex number from the data viewer.
EmfDev Posted - 11/15/2018 : 13:10:38
Hi BinaryNexus,

Are you able to connect to a computer? If yes then maybe you can try to do a factory reset using the GQ Data Viewer.
If it doesn't work, then can you check the serial number of the device through the computer and send it to support@gqelectronicsllc.com so you can re-download the firmware.

If you're not able to do this, then just contact support@gqelectronicsllc.com for repair/replacement.

Thanks.

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.05 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000