Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 2.GQ Geiger Muller Counter
 GMC-500+ Normal Medium High Thresholds

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Stargazer 40 Posted - 10/24/2018 : 04:08:15
I'm testing the SI3BG GM tube with higher activity source. CPM are easily over 100CPM. Tube1 is off and tube2 only being used. I noticed for the first time that the Normal, Medium and High display warnings and LED color are coupled to CPM counts of <50, 50-<100, and >100CPM. Alarm works just fine at its settings, which are menu selectable between CPM, uSv/h and mR/h. So with high activity source the SI3BG tube2 shows Normal on the display until 40 uSv/h (50CPM*.797CPM/uSv/h) when it goes to Medium and High comes on at 80 uSv/h (100CPM*.797CPM/uSv/h).

We need to be able to set the Medium and High warning thresholds on the display (and LED response) for uSv/h and mR/h based on fact that different tube sensitivities are not now being considered. Given DIY addition of different tubes to meters this need to be available to the 500 and 600 series meters (haven't tested 300 series response).

Hopefully this is something that could be added while you're working on dead time count integration and Fast Estimate Time add to the firmware.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Stargazer 40 Posted - 10/24/2018 : 15:38:18
Thanks!
EmfDev Posted - 10/24/2018 : 13:49:13
It's possible. We will see what we can do. We've been considering this change before. Thanks!

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.05 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000