GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 1.Geiger Counter World Map(www.GMCmap.com)
 New firmware + updated software = problems

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sonicmixmaster Posted - 08/03/2018 : 14:52:22
So my previous post about new firmware 1.22 managed to get me an email with a link to download new software (GMC Data Viewer 2.52) to upload data to server while I have the unit connected with USB to computer at home. I have been running the 600+ for 2 days now on 1.22 and the new software now causes readings to spike for no reason once in a while. They are not in the 4000+ CPM range like with previous GMC Data Viewer software version but now several times an hour every hour and a half or so they spike to above 150 and sometimes in the 280 CPM range. The detector sits on my desk in the same spot ever since I got it to upload data to GMCMAP site. Location has not changed. Obviously this (600+ counter and it's supplied GMC Data Viewer software) is still a work in progress and to me "not ready for sale" product. So at this time I would like several things to happen. #1 I would like someone to send me the previous firmware BUT!!! with only the WIFI problem fixed as the rest of the unit functioned correctly to my knowledge. #2 I would also like a way to get the unit to reliably record readings into it's own memory every minute and let me view the data on the computer so I can monitor radiation levels I experience during my work day as I work near X-ray and other equipment containing radioactive materials. This is the whole entire reason for the purchase of the 600+ counter from your company. I now had it for 3 weeks and cannot accomplish either of the things I mentioned above. Also, no one has replied to my email from about a week ago regarding the GMC Data Viewer Pro version registration. Check your mailbox for email with subject "Cannot register GQ GMC Data Logger STD V5.56 to make it Pro." It appears that the Pro version will allow me to analyze the data the counter records every minute into it's own memory. In about a week I will strongly consider starting the return process of the GMC 600+ to Amazon if I cannot use the counter to it's full potential. Please look at my CPM spikes in the link below.

My historical data:
h**p://www.gmcmap.com/historyData.asp?Param_ID=31921055058
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
EmfDev Posted - 08/14/2018 : 09:37:10
The software shouldn't change the data, we need to test it and fix it. The unit always has the correct data.

After downloading the data, under the file menu you can save this
history as a .csv file, then open it with something like excel
then save it as an html file.
Sonicmixmaster Posted - 08/14/2018 : 06:32:03
Why would the values from the GMC-600+ device change by software? If software changes data generated by the device then how can I trust which software outputs the accurate data? I like how the pro version creates an htm file for easy submit to a web server so I can view my own data from anywhere running my own web server. How can I convert the data viewer bin for easy viewing in a browser?
Anyway look here for the data viewer bin.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/25kw1zlbm67smep/20180814_10_20_56.bin?dl=0
EmfDev Posted - 08/13/2018 : 09:45:04
This bin file looks like it's from the Data Logger Pro and not from the GMC-600+ itself. You should download the data
directly from the GMC-600+. To do this, use the data viewer software, there is a download button at the bottom left of the
window.
Sonicmixmaster Posted - 08/11/2018 : 22:34:40
Hello. Take a look at the bin file. https://www.dropbox.com/s/76m3gzrx4v75an6/20180812_01_51.bin?dl=0 I am still getting weird 128 CPM spikes on the unit on several 0 and 30 second marks.
EmfDev Posted - 08/10/2018 : 08:30:03
Thank you and good luck! I hope everything goes well.
Sonicmixmaster Posted - 08/09/2018 : 17:34:08
I have just now registered the Pro version and will test it for next few days. Thank you. I set up auto save of log data every hour with append to file turned on. My counter has already been configured to save internal log every minute. Will start analyzing data from unit sitting on my window ledge soon. If this works reliably then I will take unit to work and do my real analysis there as that is where I am really concerned about radiation. Will post later with any more news about my findings. Thank you.
EmfDev Posted - 08/07/2018 : 10:23:01
You should have received a pro software by now. For the data saving, you need to change the Save Mode in Save Data in the unit
to Every Minute. After you've done that, you can use the Data Viewer/Pro to download the data. Just click the download
button. Once downloaded you can load the data to the viewer and play it. You can also save it as a csv file or html file.
Sonicmixmaster Posted - 08/07/2018 : 09:48:10
The 1.141 firmware appears to be functioning very well so far. I want to test WIFI uploading and see how that works in the next couple days. I have been a little busy here but I want to try it. I also am waiting for a replay to an email I sent a while back about registering the standard version of the viewer to enable pro version so I can explore the data analysis features. Till this day I am still unable to view the data the counter saves every minute which is my #1 concern right now. And I am running out of time. If I cannot analyze the minute by minute data then I will be forced to return the unit.
EmfDev Posted - 08/07/2018 : 09:13:11
Hi Sonicmixmaster, is there any progress with the issue?
Sonicmixmaster Posted - 08/03/2018 : 22:21:54
It is not the tube. Look at my old data and look all the way to the beginning before the 4000+ CPM readings that happened with new firmware. Everything was fine. The1.22 firmware caused very high readings and then you guys tried to correct it with software. I bet the problem is still in firmware. Look at original 1.14 firmware that my device had prior 1.22 and fix the mac address reporting by the device. that was the problem i originally experienced. After you fix this I need the device to log readings every minute and then I need them to show on computer with time stamps.
ZLM Posted - 08/03/2018 : 15:42:02
Thank you for your information.

Basically we are testing this case for a few days already. We are using same version software and firmware as you. But we are not able to repeat your unit problem. So we are not able to determine what went wrong.

I personally suspect the spike reading comes from the device, not the data viewer software.

Would you please do one more testing? Just switch the data submitting by using WiFi of GMC-600+, not the Data Viewer software. After a couple hours, if the spikes disappeared, then the problem is from the software. If the spikes still there, then your GMC-600+ tube has problem, you need to get a replacement.

It is hard to believe the GMC-600+ tube LND7317 has this problem. This is first case reported related to this tube.

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.05 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000