GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 1.Geiger Counter World Map(www.GMCmap.com)
 Out Dated Stations?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
FarmerDave Posted - 07/17/2016 : 11:53:07
Checking all the stations on the map, there appears to be many that are reporting a date in 2015. Are their readings correct, or are they from 2015? If they are inactive is there a way to get them off the map?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
fatmat Posted - 06/08/2017 : 16:42:12
quote:
Originally posted by Terry_8-8008

FarmerDave, it's also interesting that places that should definitely have active marks all over them, like Fukushima and Chernobyl, etc, don't.

yea no doubt,oh well,thats TEPCO for ya.
GBG12 Posted - 06/01/2017 : 17:31:07
Thanks, ZLM for making good progress on this. The old markers can now be ignored when looking for current data (30 days is stretching the definition a bit though). If there is a current event to check up on, it still takes a bit of effort to find the latest readings, but the task is so much easier now. Thank You.
ZLM Posted - 03/25/2017 : 13:31:10
Will do.
zebra14 Posted - 03/25/2017 : 06:55:16
Please add a filter option to weed out dead pushpins on the map. We have to click on each one to find an up-to-date report. The map looks good, but it's value takes a lot of work on behalf of the viewer to gain current data to be of any use. I try to keep my GMC-320 online and contributing to the map reatime data each and every day as long as I can.
Terry_8-8008 Posted - 01/17/2017 : 08:54:42
FarmerDave, it's also interesting that places that should definitely have active marks all over them, like Fukushima and Chernobyl, etc, don't.
Terry_8-8008 Posted - 01/17/2017 : 08:44:38
Definitely, ZLM.. a filter option would cool... one that could be switched in and out.
Terry_8-8008 Posted - 01/16/2017 : 18:21:22
Yep... those long-inactive marks sure clutter up the map. It would be good to clear them out.
But on the other hand, the inactive marks help populate the map, and that is good for GQ's awesome electronics business.
Pius, some of those old readings are pretty intense, and prompt one to zoom in and find out where it was at and Google the location and research and find out why tens of thousands of CPM's were recorded by Charlie in Washington State in the past, or why there was 1187 CPM over in the NE states, or, why that active station of mattmill's is picking up a continuous ACPM of 256 in Colorado. I guess the old marks are OK. :-)
ZLM Posted - 07/23/2016 : 00:09:27
A filter option should be added for all active station.

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000