Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 2.GQ Geiger Muller Counter
 GMC320 PLUS

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Charlie Posted - 11/24/2016 : 23:45:45
I am having problems with my counter after I tested it with uranium ore sample. I put the counter over the specimen were the tube is located and waited for to max out of 9500 CPM. I PUT the uranium away in a safe place but the counter increasing over time. It freaked me out. I picked up the counter and it stared rising in 1000 to 2000 cpm holding it and I had to turn off the alarm and its reading 8780 at 11:31 PM. I did take the sample of uranium out of it's container and tested it and it normalization of the counter. So the ratting , I hope carry a location for the noted I made. I setup another Geiger counter were I am located in Kirkland.

I don't want false positives, but I my case, I am 12 inches in front of my GNC320plus and I would be experiencing radiation sickness and ready to be hospitalized. I want my Geiger counter checked.

I after setting the Geiger counter down the first test, I setup the three inches to the tin can caring the uranium, and noticed a raise from 13 cpm to 35 cpm in 4 minutes, so I took the counter with me for saying good bye to family, and Sat it in my jacket, it's started beeping and noticed cpm was 150 in a few minutes. It was raining and the counter got wet, and while holding it and away from the uranium I started getting I hope false responses. I don't know, but having the uranium to close to the tube might have whacked out my detector.

Soon if you find my reports anyone can please help me reset the GMC320plus. How do I calibrate it. I mean the CPM just rose to 9440. Is the counter not designed for checking radiation. Or is it raining radiation?

1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ZLM Posted - 11/26/2016 : 15:22:13
It is good if you have two Geiger Counters. That can confirm the reading each other.
Always to second reading if your first reading is abnormal.

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.05 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000