GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 1.Geiger Counter World Map(www.GMCmap.com)
 What is Geiger Counter World Map?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ZLM Posted - 02/20/2015 : 13:57:22
Geiger Counter World Map is sponsored by GQ Electronics LLC

www.GMCmap.com

The Geiger Counter World Map is free and open protocol map. Anyone can use it for free. It provides a free space to all Geiger Counter users.

As a registered user, each user can have multiple Geiger Counters at different locations. All registered Geiger Counters have free unlimited history data storage space. User is able to retrieve their history data anytime, anywhere. User is able to publish their history data to others by set the data properties.

Share your ideas about Geiger Counter World Map here.

10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Napa Ogden Posted - 08/13/2017 : 17:09:18
"Share your ideas about Geiger Counter World Map here."
I have a feature request or two;
Modify code so that the background uses a Google heat map API based on the magnitude of the most recent counts uploaded.
Here is a simple code example;
https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/examples/layer-data-quakes

I prefer this one as it includes selections, you could add selection of data age to include in heat map.
https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/examples/layer-heatmap

Napa Ogden Posted - 08/13/2017 : 17:01:24
"Share your ideas about Geiger Counter World Map here."
Please consider revising the WorldMap to dynamically filter data with an object button or pull-down. Archaic data is pretty useless to display on the map. It would be better to ONLY display data uploaded in the last 24 hours by default. In this way users can get a near real-time glimpse of global radiation.
ZLM Posted - 11/25/2016 : 22:49:03
Generally, the Geiger tube life span is depending on the pulses has been generated. The GMC-320 tube M4011 can last about 30,000K-50,000K pulses. Your old GMC-300 has some problem, most likely is the tube problem.

Charlie Posted - 11/24/2016 : 13:15:03
Anyone know how long the tubes last in the GMC320. I just got my counter several weeks ago, and I was multitasking and had the counter recording com of uranium ore I bought on eBay to test my counter I bought in 2012 a GMC 300. I was attached to the world and was sending data of 8000 com the counter freaked out. And I couldn't **** it down. I am hoping I can drive to the GQ electronics near delridge a few miles to my house and possibly take a look at it. I think I nuked my tool of radiation. I'm not sure how to calibrate the instrument
. Any how I got access to my account and my user name is Charlie so, I am thinking of monitoring my probation apartment in Cspitol Hell and then my house for the time and measure with no uranium
ZLM Posted - 09/03/2015 : 12:28:19
The registered Geiger Counter should use automatic submit data. All manually submited data in white cololr and not gaurranteed to stay foever.
Mic Posted - 09/01/2015 : 07:13:41
I have a registered geiger counter, but the pin is still white. Maybe that's because I only manually submit the data? Is there a way to submit data manually as a registered user and have a registered pin?
ZLM Posted - 03/07/2015 : 17:37:25
The email will be sent from server automatically for each manually data submission. So, check your email server setting to make sure you do not reject the automatic email. Also check your email junk mailbox too.

If you set the Publish Data field to YES on the Geiger Counter attributes, then any one can see and download the history data from map pin information window.

Newly added .csv file format download for history data.

The unregistered Geiger Counter Data will be cleared periodically if it is not updated for a long time.

The map pin in green is registered Geiger Counter, the white pin is unregistered and manually submitted data.
NRFneversail Posted - 03/07/2015 : 10:19:12
Thanks for the reply, looks like the old manual submit entries I made days ago are now gone from the map as you indicated they would clear themselves if unused. The automatic submit appears to be working, the map pin is green with a current value shown but looks like the map Refresh has to be used to see further changes in meter readings. I did not receive any e-mails for the manual submits I made and that could be due to security settings but it is not important at this point now. One thing I did discover is concerning the saved data that is accessed through logging in and by way of the registered Geiger Counter info, do not use the Delete option thinking you will only delete the saved data because it will also delete your registered Geiger Counter as well.

Again,thanks for your assistance and providing the map for our use.
ZLM Posted - 03/06/2015 : 10:32:54
The manually submitting data need an email address. After you submit the data, you should receive an email. The email has links to that particular pin-point. From those links, you can update the value on that pin. OR you can remove that pin by click the link in your email.

All manually submitted data has no history storage. Only registered Geiger Counter has history data you submitted.

If you lost that email, then you can write email to support@gmcmap.com, ask them to remove. OR you can wait for some days, the system will automatically clear unregistered manually posted pin-point if it is not been updated for a long time.
NRFneversail Posted - 03/05/2015 : 17:30:01
Can you provide a way for the user to edit and or remove the old manually submitted map pin-point icons from the map?

Also, my data is downloading into the history like it should but the map will not show but for a moment, my current reading and that it is registered. What does appear outside of that is a white map pin-point with a days old manually submitted reading indicating it's not registered. I have seen a few other users on the map showing a white map pin-point as not registered. Only on rare instances, does this suddenly turn green on it's own showing registered and displays a current reading for less than about a minute. Is there something I can or need to do further to make this map pin-point icon turn green, displaying continuously current data on the map? Other than this problem, I'm glad to see you have worked to provide a map for us to share our data live. Thanks

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000