Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 2.GQ Geiger Muller Counter
 GMC-320, Read out history

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hmw Posted - 04/22/2016 : 04:35:27
Hello,

I try to read out the history of the device. Therefore I requested a 4k block from address 0 using the SPIR command (I erased the data before the test and let the GM counter run for a few minutes). The saved data type is CPS every second.

The first thing I found in the retrieved data was a timestamp, then a couple of samples, another timestamp etc. I guess the first timestamp is the point in time when the first sample is taken and every other sample is taken one second later? The strange thing is that the number of samples don't fit into the interval, or in other words, there are more samples than seconds between the two timestamps. I found other intervals, where the delta_t and the number of samples matches better.

Is my interpretation wrong or is there an issue ;)?

Regards
hmw

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hmw Posted - 04/23/2016 : 01:22:12
Hello,

quote:
Originally posted by ZLM

That is normal.

he timestamp task has lower priority than data logging task.

I see.

Thank you
hmw
ZLM Posted - 04/22/2016 : 23:52:59
That is normal.

The timestamp task has lower priority than data logging task.
hmw Posted - 04/22/2016 : 08:20:31
Hello,

thank you for the quick reply.

quote:
Originally posted by ZLM

The timestamps are have not exactly interval. It is depending on the activities of the unit. If the unit detects any changes related to the time, data logging etc, then it add a timestamp. If it runs on it own, then the timestamp will be added about every 5 minutes.

sure, that's what I observed. But I think that is not a problem. My trouble is that I have, let's say, a timestamp at 12:00:00 and the next is at 12:02:00, so the delta_t is 120 seconds, right? But between the two timestamps 122 data samples have been logged. Is that the expected inaccuracy, for the lack of a better term?

Regards
hmw
ZLM Posted - 04/22/2016 : 07:12:41
The timestamps are have not exactly interval. It is depending on the activities of the unit. If the unit detects any changes related to the time, data logging etc, then it add a timestamp. If it runs on it own, then the timestamp will be added about every 5 minutes.

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.05 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000