Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 2.GQ Geiger Muller Counter
 Driver for Windows 10 64bit GMC-320+V4

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
squirrel Posted - 02/22/2016 : 00:20:40
Hello!

I have an issues with my new GMC-320+V4. I'm using a notebook with Windows 10 64 bit installed. I downloaded the latest driver from the GQ website and installed it sucessfully (as it was looking like).

But: When I connect the USB cable and the GMC-320+V4, the devices is not recognized by the system. In the device management, no serial port is available ...
I tried on both USB ports (USB 2.0 and USB 3.0) - no success ...

It's bad, because I would analyse the history of my measurement.

I hope, I'll find support in this forum, because I'm a little bit lonely with this issue :-)

BR from Austria (NO cangaroos, but Mozart :-))
Thomas
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
EmfDev Posted - 01/09/2023 : 12:08:16
Usually the CH341SER.EXE driver is already preinstalled in W10/11.

If you installed it again and did not work, try to use CH341SER.EXE to unsinstall it.

Plug in the device and check the device manager for an unknown device then right lick -> update driver.
ihab17 Posted - 01/09/2023 : 03:29:47
quote:
Originally posted by clbiggs99

I cannot get "CH341SER.EXE" to work with WIN11; no com ports show as added

Try the following... From the command line with administrative access (run as Administrator even though you are an administrator), run the following:

bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks on

Retry the driver installation
If the installation goes fine, you can bring it back to the original state without affecting the already installed drivers by running:
bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks off
Damien68 Posted - 01/09/2023 : 00:06:47
quote:
Originally posted by clbiggs99

maybe the windows 10 driver must work under windows 11,
on my side it was installed under windows 10, I switched to windows 11 automatically, and I did not have to reinstall it, either it updated or it kept the old one but it works.
clbiggs99 Posted - 01/08/2023 : 13:55:18
Petrovski Posted - 04/05/2016 : 12:31:35
The driver "CH341SER.EXE" worked fine on my Windows 10 x64 PC.
squirrel Posted - 03/10/2016 : 02:36:30
quote:
Originally posted by ZLM

Use this one:
http://www.gqelectronicsllc.com/download/CH341SER.EXE

Thank you!
I'll give it a chance ..

br,
Thomas
5000cpm Posted - 03/02/2016 : 21:48:27
Ah, that's good news, thanks! I have a GMC-300 that had the... 2303HX? something like that, so it's great to hear you've switched to the CH340/341. I don't have any experience with them, but they're bound to be better than the PL stuff :-).
ZLM Posted - 03/02/2016 : 19:39:35
The PL2303 only used for old version hardware two years ago.

The current USB-serial chip is CH340/CH341. The driver supports all Windows OS without problem.

All current GMC-300E Plus V4 and GMC-320 Plus V4 use Ch340/Ch341 chip.

5000cpm Posted - 03/02/2016 : 18:01:18
This is a general reply to people having problems with USB drivers, the issue is the use of the USB-to-serial converter, one of the infinite PL2303 variants. Not meant as a criticism of GQ Electronics, but these things are horrible, horrible devices to work with, they all have a pile of different bugs, the market is flooded with Chinese clones that are even buggier, and Prolific change the hardware every few years and stop supporting the existing stuff as soon as the new rev appears. If you're really stuck, and have some hacking ability, a longer-term solution might be to use the GMIX USB adapter, h**p://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=DIY_USB_adapter_for_dummies, in a back-to-back configuration, this uses the Silicon Labs CP2102 which isn't a PL device. My preference would be to use an FTDI FT232-based one, but you have to be careful where you get those because of problems with cloning and FTDI's shenanigans with drivers. Sparkfun, for example, are selling the real thing, h**ps://www.sparkfun.com/products/12731, and an FTDI with driver shenanigans is still better than anything from Prolific. With FTDI you actually get current, WHQL-certified drivers that work, they updated just a few weeks ago and their all-in-one drivers do everything from Win10 x64 back to WinXP 32-bit. We use FTDI exclusively for our stuff because it's just far less of a headache.

You can also probably press any single-board computer with two USB's (e.g. a Pi) into service as a USB proxy, h**ps://github.com/dominicgs/USBProxy.

A minor request to the GQ folks: Please consider using FTDI, or just anything but PL devices. That single step should solve about 95% of all user problems with USB.
ZLM Posted - 02/26/2016 : 16:11:50
Use this one:
http://www.gqelectronicsllc.com/download/CH341SER.EXE

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000