Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 2.GQ Geiger Muller Counter
 replace a broken LND 7317

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
marzio Posted - 12/03/2022 : 14:56:57
I turned on my GQ GMC-600+ counter, and it didn't give to me any radioactivity count, and the LED was on a very intense green light.
(some time before the door of my room had violently slammed shut).
I turned it on and off a few times the counter, then i have charged the battery which seemed discharge.
Then I realized that the membrane of LND 7317 was broken.
After a few turns on and off the green light led is remained off.
I tried putting a 4.2 Mega Ohm resistor in place of the LND 7317 and the light came on bright green again.

Do you think it's enough replace the LND 7317 tube?
Is the bright green light a sign of some malfunction?
I wouldn't want spend money on the LND 7317 and then having other problems.

Thanks for your attention, Marzio

I have sent a mail for this problem at support@gqelectronicsllc.com asking a price to repair the GMC and shipment expenses to return.
25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
EmfDev Posted - 02/21/2023 : 14:48:39
Support said 1.41 is the latest released firmware for older model. I will check with them if there is a version of 2.42 for older hardware.
marzio Posted - 02/21/2023 : 08:15:09
can you modify the firmware 2.42 to distinguish between old and new (battery charge control) hardware?
so that the new firmware is also available for the first GMC 600+ models
EmfDev Posted - 01/25/2023 : 13:34:11
Your hardware cannot read nor set the voltage via the firmware because of components difference. But I believe you can adjust it with the screw like potentiometer in the middle top of pcb close to the inductors/esp8266. You can adjust the voltage by twisting right or left.

Other features except those are exactly the same.
marzio Posted - 01/25/2023 : 06:48:45
quote:
Originally posted by EmfDev

Hi marzio, the only difference between the 2 versions is the voltage reading. If yours still work, you may not need to change it.

Hi EmfDev
yes, my counter still work.
so why can't I update to 2.42, just because of the different voltage reading?

EmfDev Posted - 01/24/2023 : 17:39:48
Hi marzio, the only difference between the 2 versions is the voltage reading. If yours still work, you may not need to change it.
marzio Posted - 01/23/2023 : 00:46:31
quote:
Originally posted by EmfDev

Hi marzio, please contact support@gqelectronicsllc.com to check if that is possible.

i have contacted GQ, no reply from them!
EmfDev Posted - 12/28/2022 : 10:44:51
Hi marzio, please contact support@gqelectronicsllc.com to check if that is possible.
marzio Posted - 12/27/2022 : 13:22:24
i have buyed in january 2018 the GQ600 for a PLUS model. the external label is GQ600 but the software informations gave the model: GQ600+ also with the original 1.14 version.
GQ should send me the new electronic board to update the firmare to 2.42 version!
ullix Posted - 12/27/2022 : 07:28:58
quote:

... then the GQ technician told to me that I could not upgrade anymore because the hardware was changed and my one was not compatible with new software.

The news here is that there is incompatible hardware out under the same model name! Great to keep the confusion boiling.
marzio Posted - 12/24/2022 : 13:56:35
i had done an update from 1.14 to 1.41, then the GQ technician told to me that I could not upgrade anymore because the hardware was changed and my one was not compatible with new software.
ihab17 Posted - 12/24/2022 : 06:58:23
quote:
Originally posted by marzio

the hardaware of my device permit the 1.41 firmware, not more.

How is this possible? If you have GMC 600+ then you should communicate the serial number to EMFDEV and he will send you the link to download the latest firmware to apply manually. There is no automatic firmware update implemented in any GMC counter
marzio Posted - 12/24/2022 : 06:44:24
the hardaware of my device permit the 1.41 firmware, not more.
ihab17 Posted - 12/20/2022 : 12:17:34
quote:
Originally posted by marzio

i buyed my gmc 600+ in january 2018, in amazon at price of 461 € (included 47 € of shipment from england), iva was included, so I didn't pay any additional cost.
now i have payed 62€ of customs (your same money) but on a cost less than half yours (you will have spent at least 500 €)
I definitely spent too much, but to buy it new I would have spent twice!

What firmware does your device have? Che firmware ha il tuo apparecchio?
It seems that firmware 2.4.2 has lots of corrections and is working like a charm
marzio Posted - 12/20/2022 : 09:46:14
i buyed my gmc 600+ in january 2018, in amazon at price of 461 € (included 47 € of shipment from england), iva was included, so I didn't pay any additional cost.
now i have payed 62€ of customs (your same money) but on a cost less than half yours (you will have spent at least 500 €)
I definitely spent too much, but to buy it new I would have spent twice!
ihab17 Posted - 12/20/2022 : 08:08:24
I also had to pay 60.30 euros to get my new GMC 600+ from the customs via DHL just few days ago. Luckily I didn't have a broken device, rather than a new device, yet because it comes from an extra-European country, I had to pay custom taxes
ullix Posted - 12/17/2022 : 23:52:00
Oh dear, the tube price is actually quite reasonable. But the other are shocking!

The LND package does seem to suggest that protection from pressure shocks is indeed warranted!

I suggest to do a little damage to the seal to allow slow pressure exchange. Otherwise you open the box during a flight, and the next time you can open it is when your next flight has reached cruising altitude ;-)

marzio Posted - 12/17/2022 : 08:38:50
i have obtained a quotation from LND via a friend of mine that works in a society that takes care of geiger muller counters.
then i have contacted directly LND and they have ship to me the tube in one week.

115 $ LND 7317
+90 $ shipment to italy

the Italian customs have charged other 62 € for IVA and expenses.

total 260 €

i had seen the video, but my tube is explosed for a violent closing of the door which created a suction of air.

LND inc. sent me the tube in a sealed paint-like can!

NOW I PRESERVE MY GMC 600+ IN A SEALED AND STIFF GLASS BOX.
(CAN WITHSTAND AN ATOMIC EXPLOSION!!!)

I recommend it to all mica pancake owners.
if you bring it by car, open the window before closing the door.

ullix Posted - 12/16/2022 : 00:09:30
@marzio: sounds good! Do I understand correctly, you ordered directly from LND, and got the invoice from LND? How much did they charge you, and did you have to pay any additional customs, VAT, or else?

You may have had bad luck with your tube; the Mica stuff may also be quite robust, see the video clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqmi3H0sXWY
marzio Posted - 12/15/2022 : 07:05:47
today i have received LND7317 from LND inc.
i have replaced the broken one.
now all works fine.
thanks at all.
violet_sin Posted - 12/08/2022 : 08:30:53
You can contact LND directly. I contacted them and purchased a 713 and 712 tube to get to the mandatory minimum sale price, a single tube didn't get there. Mine was for a project, not replacement, so I can't help with anything else.
ullix Posted - 12/06/2022 : 02:56:53
@EmfDev: The LND 7317 manufacturer says:
RECOMMENDED OPERATING VOLTAGE (VOLTS)	500

The only available M4011 specs say:
Limit working voltage: 550V

I believe that will fit.

If this isn't right:
would you mind publishing the official specs for the M4011 tube, and would you mind publishing your recommended voltage settings for all of the tubes that are used in GMC counters?
EmfDev Posted - 12/05/2022 : 10:53:20
Hi marzio, make sure to use the correct voltage range for the new tube you are testing.
marzio Posted - 12/05/2022 : 08:01:32
do you know a vendors in europe to buy the tube and to have a lower shipping cost?
marzio Posted - 12/05/2022 : 07:37:58
many thanks ullix, a good idea!
i have a tube of that type, i have tried and all works fine!

now i need a price of LND 7317 + expedition cost from GQ.
ullix Posted - 12/05/2022 : 02:07:06
I'd be surprised if anything were broken by making this shortcut with a 4Mohm resistor, but of course, no guarantee.

You should be able to test functionality by replacing the tube with any other tube. A M4011 is near $20 at Ali Express. Anode voltage is ok as is.

If then it clicks, you know you "only" have to spend the money for a new tube.

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000