Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 2.GQ Geiger Muller Counter
 Possible bug in Data Viewer 2.51

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ikerrg Posted - 07/24/2018 : 14:06:29
When you save a file to .csv, the uSv/h column is calculated from some internal calibration data in the Data Viewer software, but not using the calibration data in the connected device. That means that, when you download some data and save it as .csv, you’ll probably get the wrong conversion in the .csv file unless you previously (before saving to .csv) go to the terminal and read the calibration from the unit (and then save the file to .csv). It is weird, because it seems that the default calibration in the Data Viewer software is 0.0065 for the three points, so maybe this is a bug only with the GMC-500+
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
EmfDev Posted - 07/25/2018 : 08:36:39
Yea that's ok, they can update it anyway.
ikerrg Posted - 07/25/2018 : 00:00:23
That is confusing and extremely prone to errors from the user. When the device is connected to the Data Viewer software, the software should read the calibration from the device, so all the following operations are consistent with the device connected to the software.

In any case, I just now realised that the new firmware changes in the 500+ are going to require changes in the Data Viewer software to account for the different types of readings (tube 1, tube 2, combined...).
EmfDev Posted - 07/24/2018 : 15:33:04
You have to match to calibration from the 500+. Make sure your data viewer calibration is the same
as the GMC500+ unit.

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.03 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000